Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After checking this forum and my Tesla app roughly 300x per day, I got my VIN today! Logged on and it's sitting there nice and pretty under the order number.

OD: 3/1/22
MYP White/Black No Tow No FSD
EDD 5/18-5/22 (as of about 5 minutes ago!)
Where Do you live? I ordered 3/6 same exact card and order as you. I ordered in Camarillo my Edd is 5/19-6/2 wondering if our cars might be on the same truck.

Anyone recently getting MYLR delivered in OC? Seems like most people getting deliveries are MYP. My MYLR was in the EDD window and then the EDD got pushed back to May 30-June 27. Losing hope. Ordered in Aug 2021.
I've asked a couple of times regarding OC updates but never really got any replies back other than a couple of comments from those not too far away. Seems like OC deliveries are pushed back based on my new EDD as well. Hopefully you get yours soon!

I am getting a check delivered to my home tomorrow morning and I will go to the inspection with it. Once I see everything is right I will hand the check to Tesla on Wednesday which is when I have my delivery scheduled.
Question, my bank is going to finance the car to include the down payment is this what others are doing? I have read through the thread that some are doing a down payment on the app and then taking a check for the remainder. Can’t the down payment be included with the check from the bank?

I've asked a couple of times regarding OC updates but never really got any replies back other than a couple of comments from those not too far away. Seems like OC deliveries are pushed back based on my new EDD as well. Hopefully you get yours soon!
Mine was pushed just last week, to end of July. Haven't seen many MYLR7s being delivered to people around here...
Question, my bank is going to finance the car to include the down payment is this what others are doing? I have read through the thread that some are doing a down payment on the app and then taking a check for the remainder. Can’t the down payment be included with the check from the bank?
This was what I was hoping to do with DCU, just pay down payment to the Credit Union and have them issue one check to Tesla, but apparently they would only send check for the amount you're borrowing and you would pay the rest to Tesla directly... Never applied for financing before so this is all news to me.

Reactions: Linewifey
Mine was pushed just last week, to end of July. Haven't seen many MYLR7s being delivered to people around here...

This was what I was hoping to do with DCU, just pay down payment to the Credit Union and have them issue one check to Tesla, but apparently they would only send check for the amount you're borrowing and you would pay the rest to Tesla directly... Never applied for financing before so this is all news to me.
Thank you.

Some people pay part of their Tesla, for example 5-10k, the rest they finance.

In my case I financed 100% of it including fees and taxes, no downpayment.

Up to you how you want to split it.

Used Tesla financing (Wells Fargo at 3.24%) and paid the down payment via ACH (took a day for the money to transfer from my account). Was worried since it was a very large down payment but there were zero issues from Tesla or my bank.

I also tried to get a lower rate but immediately got an email saying that’s their lowest rate available. Replied that I got a lower rate last time with Chase in mins but they said they don’t use chase or BofA as partner institutions anymore.

Seems like this happened to a bunch of old orders last week. Not sure why. I’ve read 4-5 others on this forum discussing the same thing. Kind of hazy details but it seems this was something automated and as long as you click “I’m ready”, it should affect your status.

The email for my hopes up basically insinuating they wanted to give us a car asap, but my EDD has not changed.

Seems like this happened to a bunch of old orders last week. Not sure why. I’ve read 4-5 others on this forum discussing the same thing. Kind of hazy details but it seems this was something automated and as long as you click “I’m ready”, it should affect your status.

The email for my hopes up basically insinuating they wanted to give us a car asap, but my EDD has not changed.
Oh it affected it, pushed it back 2-3 more months

Used Tesla financing (Wells Fargo at 3.24%) and paid the down payment via ACH (took a day for the money to transfer from my account). Was worried since it was a very large down payment but there were zero issues from Tesla or my bank.

I also tried to get a lower rate but immediately got an email saying that’s their lowest rate available. Replied that I got a lower rate last time with Chase in mins but they said they don’t use chase or BofA as partner institutions anymore.
why did you stick with Wells Fargo if Chase offered a better rate?

I have a question for the peeps who did finance. So I am doing a down payment and in the app, it indicates that I am directly paying Tesla the down payment and my lender will fund the rest of the amount.

So did you guys pay Tesla before inspecting the car? I have a home delivery set for May 18th.

I did a direct transfer of my down payment to Tesla in the app.

My bank said I could either 1) pick up the check myself and give it to them at pickup or
2) they can mail the check to Tesla and being that it’s a home delivery I think that’s best. If there’s something horribly horribly wrong with the car once they drop it off I’m thinking I can stop payment the check and refuse delivery?

Reactions: Goldenfiber
I did a direct transfer of my down payment to Tesla in the app.

My bank said I could either 1) pick up the check myself and give it to them at pickup or
2) they can mail the check to Tesla and being that it’s a home delivery I think that’s best. If there’s something horribly horribly wrong with the car once they drop it off I’m thinking I can stop payment the check and refuse delivery?
Does Tesla require the down payment be paid separate? My bank is going to cut the check for the full amount to include the down payment. Just curious if anyone else has done this?