Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a direct transfer of my down payment to Tesla in the app.

My bank said I could either 1) pick up the check myself and give it to them at pickup or
2) they can mail the check to Tesla and being that it’s a home delivery I think that’s best. If there’s something horribly horribly wrong with the car once they drop it off I’m thinking I can stop payment the check and refuse delivery?
By direct transfer through the app, wouldn’t they just take the money out of your account? Or does that result in a check being created and you have to go pick it up?

My lender mailed the financed amount to Tesla and they will get it by tomorrow morninng. The only thing remaining is to pay the down payment.

Reactions: Linewifey
Does Tesla require the down payment be paid separate? My bank is going to cut the check for the full amount to include the down payment. Just curious if anyone else has done this?
I have to pay the down payment directly to Tesla because I explicitly told them that I am doing a down payment. I think if you were to call them and tell them that the whole thing is financed then they will just expect a check from your lender.

Does Tesla require the down payment be paid separate? My bank is going to cut the check for the full amount to include the down payment. Just curious if anyone else has done this?
I have my down payment in my CU share account. The CU loan agent said they can take the down payment out of my account and send it via ACH to Tesla, but it will be two separate transfers. Probably for their accounting - they want to show the exact loan amount sent to Tesla.

I have my down payment in my CU share account. The CU loan agent said they can take the down payment out of my account and send it via ACH to Tesla, but it will be two separate transfers. Probably for their accounting - they want to show the exact loan amount sent to Tesla.
Thank you so much for the quick info. Was curious, it makes more sense to me to just give the CU our down payment and they could cut one check to Tesla. So wanted to ask around.

By direct transfer through the app, wouldn’t they just take the money out of your account? Or does that result in a check being created and you have to go pick it up?

My lender mailed the financed amount to Tesla and they will get it by tomorrow morninng. The only thing remaining is to pay the down payment.

I direct ach transferred the down out of our account. I’m hoping my process is as easy as yours tomorrow when I ask them to mail the check to Tesla. Apparently they also want a pictur of the check and the tracking number. Hope it goes smooth!!

Reactions: Goldenfiber
Then that would just be a full cash payment, and you can give your down to your bank.

I just told the bank the amount I wanted them to finance and then I paid the difference to Tesla.

Has anyone recently upgraded to Performance and gotten a better EDD. I see a lot that upgraded in March, but not much in April or May.
I changed in late April from MYLR to MYP and within 5 days the EDD went from October to April 30. I changed it back after deciding I did not want to pay with drastically reduced equities. The EDD changed back to August and hasn’t moved for the last 2 weeks.

I ordered In july 2021. Just wanted to say that I had a dream last night that my EDD moved to may 19th. I was super excited. I woke up to check and was disappointed to find it was just a dream as my EDD is still july-sep.

I then came to the realization that the elusiveness of getting a MYLR is so ingrained in my psyche that I couldn’t even conjure up a dream of me with the actual car.

• Funny
Reactions: robeeen and PeteOC
I ordered In july 2021. Just wanted to say that I had a dream last night that my EDD moved to may 19th. I was super excited. I woke up to check and was disappointed to find it was just a dream as my EDD is still july-sep.

I then came to the realization that the elusiveness of getting a MYLR is so ingrained in my psyche that I couldn’t even conjure up a dream of me with the actual car.
July 2021 and still no car? Did you order a unicorn we don't know about?

Let me know if your EDD updates!
Will update here as soon as I know. With my luck, Tesla will delay this delivery also...

Reactions: t1m1t