Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was refusing to believe that, but evidence to the contrary. We really wanted a 7-seater but the prospect of possibly waiting until even EOQ3 2022 really weighed on my wife and I. Let's hope this decision doesn't come back to bite us.

honestly pete

that "3rd row" would seem pretty useless - leg space is almost nonexistent and it would eat into the nice trunk space

after i made the switch, it took a couple days to update a new EDD

Reactions: PeteOC
honestly pete

that "3rd row" would seem pretty useless - leg space is almost nonexistent and it would eat into the nice trunk space

after i made the switch, it took a couple days to update a new EDD
I agree with this. A friend recently took delivery of a a 7-seater MYLR about a month ago and I got a chance to check it out. The 3rd row is really for kids only. Using my 7yo son as a benchmark, I would estimate the 3rd row in the MY can accommodate up to 11-12yo kids.

I agree with this. A friend recently took delivery of a a 7-seater MYLR about a month ago and I got a chance to check it out. The 3rd row is really for kids only. Using my 7yo son as a benchmark, I would estimate the 3rd row in the MY can accommodate up to 11-12yo kids.
I didn't want the 7-seater initially but the wife was gung ho about it. I had a chance to try the third row at a SC and I didn't really have too much trouble with it (5' 9", 180 lbs.). Sure it was cramped in the foot area but once you moved the second row up a bit the knee room wasn't too bad. My wife is 5' 4" so she would have even more room. We really wanted it for our parents and being able to fit everyone in a car this size was nice. My biggest hesitation with the 7-seater is actually safety; one bad rear-ender with anything but a sedan and it is likely the third row would not survive...

Regardless, that's all in the past now. We'll see what happens now that I've shelled out for the "Disney Fast Pass" so to speak...

Received my Oct order yesterday at Colma, CA. Car had several interior scratches and rock chip on paint and rim. Waited too long to refuse delivery. They wouldn't let me look at the car until I paid first too. They had a full lot and seemed they are just trying to get cars out.

Reactions: PeteOC
Looks like the 5-15 and j1772 adapter with UMC and black Tesla case.

The two center console trays are still not coming with the 3/Y - so order now while in stock.

Quick question. I bought the 14-50 adaptor, that will fit into the 5-15 they sent you right? You just swap it out at the connecting port?

I’m having someone come and install a nema 14-50 but want to make sure that what I ordered is correct and usable and I don’t have to buy a whole new Mobil charger cable!!

Quick question. I bought the 14-50 adaptor, that will fit into the 5-15 they sent you right? You just swap it out at the connecting port?

I’m having someone come and install a nema 14-50 but want to make sure that what I ordered is correct and usable and I don’t have to buy a whole new Mobil charger cable!!
That is correct. Keep in mind that the 14-50 needs to be on a GFCI circuit breaker in order to meet code.

Congrats though! How was the process for you? I’m also picking up at Colma…some day…
Wasn't happy on how they prepped the car/lack of attention to detail. Torn plastic protection around the headliner still that I had to pull, sticky residue on the inside windows, filthy inside the car, scratches all over inside the car and headliner is dirty and damaged. Didn't like how they wouldn't tell me where the car was until I handed over the check and clicked Accept in the app.

Last edited: