Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I got updates, it was either Sunday or Wednesday mornings, and only one a week when it updated.
Wednesday morning and got an EDD update.

I changed to MYP just yesterday morning, and today got my second 11-day window since ordering last October… Not sure if I should smile or curse out loud…

New window is 5/29 to 6/9. As always, I’ll believe it when I have car in my garage.

Last edited:
Guess I'll be upgrading to MYP later today hahahaha
MYP was always my choice, but because it didn't come with the third row we opted for the MYLR.

Even though I am getting what I initially wanted, it is not what my wife and I decided on, and it left a bad taste in my mouth having to buy my way to a "timely" delivery which, for a 7-seater, was nebulous at best... And again, given current delayed deliveries due to missing parts, who knows when I will get it, even after all this. However, our current cars are aging not so gracefully and gas and interest rates are still rising...

If MYP is what you want, go for the change, but don't fall prey to the game that Tesla set up to increase the happiness of their shareholders just to secure a somewhat expectable delivery date. Just my opinion...

Reactions: t1m1t
MYP was always my choice, but because it didn't come with the third row we opted for the MYLR.

Even though I am getting what I initially wanted, it is not what my wife and I decided on, and it left a bad taste in my mouth having to buy my way to a "timely" delivery which, for a 7-seater, was nebulous at best... And again, given current delayed deliveries due to missing parts, who knows when I will get it, even after all this. However, our current cars are aging not so gracefully and gas and interest rates are still rising...

If MYP is what you want, go for the change, but don't fall prey to the game that Tesla set up to increase the happiness of their shareholders just to secure a somewhat expectable delivery date. Just my opinion...
I wanted the MYP originally, but my wife thought it wasn't necessary. We currently only have one gas car between the two of us after selling our Model 3. That and with the possibility of raising interest rates later and seeing how its not that big a change in terms or price, we both agreed on it :). Hopefully we can get ours soon hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: PeteOC
I wanted the MYP originally, but my wife thought it wasn't necessary. We currently only have one gas car between the two of us after selling our Model 3. That and with the possibility of raising interest rates later and seeing how its not that big a change in terms or price, we both agreed on it :). Hopefully we can get ours soon hahaha
It is never necessary, but they built it so we want it... :D

• Funny
Reactions: t1m1t
Did Tesla stop delivering MYLR? Seems they are indirectly pushing people to buy MYP.
they definitely haven't stopped, but I feel like the percentage of MYPs being delivered has gone up dramatically. Here in the bay area, most of the new MYs I see on the road (eg ones with temp tags on them) are by and large MYPs. my EDD has been about 2-3 months out consistently since january probably because everyone changing from MYLR to MYP is being prioritized and jumping to the head of the line and as a result I am just being bumped back

Reactions: bradbrok
Picked up my MYP today in Sunnyvale SC. All great except couple things on the rear passenger seat which hopefully they can fix
PXL_20220518_180737770.jpg

PXL_20220518_180632042.jpg

Now 5/20-5/24. Is it normal to not have received my VIN yet?

Spoke too soon. Got my VIN assigned just now.

I have 2 questions:

1. The delivery window is set to the 5/20-5/21. This is incredibly close! I don't have time to get my financing together and the rep said if I don't accept the offered dates, I might be pushed back months. I have my tesla loan approved but I was getting better interest rates from the local credit union. Any tips?
  2. The only delivery method was at-home delivery. Anyway we can change it to pickup at a Tesla service center so that we can checkout the car before accepting the delivery?

Thanks.

Reactions: Winning Guy