Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a good strategy is to get the normal gemini wheels and use the extra cash to buy second hand uberturbines. This way, you have two sets of wheels.
I've seen people with this option also. Still debating getting a set of Gemini wheels and just store them for road trips, but kind of prefer to just run one set of wheels due to budget, and future costs (21" don't last long and are expensive to replace). Of course, switching to 19" tires will improve the ride, however minor.

Reactions: t1m1t
I've seen people with this option also. Still debating getting a set of Gemini wheels and just store them for road trips, but kind of prefer to just run one set of wheels due to budget, and future costs (21" don't last long and are expensive to replace). Of course, switching to 19" tires will improve the ride, however minor.
Same. That and swapping when going on road trips would require me to set up an appt at my local tire shop and have them swap them since I live in an apartment hahaha. A little inconvenient.

Reactions: PeteOC
I was never a fan of uberturbines…

…until I got my car and saw them up close and personal!!! The drive feels great on 21’s

Unfortunately got the Pirelli’s….was hoping for the all seasons when I go up to the mountains for skiing.

Should be getting delivery tomorrow after being delayed a couple days. Didn’t realize that for home delivery they DRIVE the car to the house! I thought it was flatbedded….oh well.

And glad to hear you like the ride in the 21’s. I only test drive the 19’s and everyone complains about the 21. Especially in LA ground here. When I talked to the service advisor she said she didn’t know of the MYP coming with any other tires….I wanted all season for snow too.

Reactions: jawnly211
Spoke too soon. Got my VIN assigned just now.

I have 2 questions:

1. The delivery window is set to the 5/20-5/21. This is incredibly close! I don't have time to get my financing together and the rep said if I don't accept the offered dates, I might be pushed back months. I have my tesla loan approved but I was getting better interest rates from the local credit union. Any tips?
  2. The only delivery method was at-home delivery. Anyway we can change it to pickup at a Tesla service center so that we can checkout the car before accepting the delivery?

Thanks.
why not just go with the Tesla financing, and then re-fi after a short amount of time with your preferred vendor?

Only issue is the subwoofer and speakers in the pillars and rear are not working! I’m going to try a soft and hard reset, but I did see that it might be an amplifier problem which can be fixed easily by unplugging and plugging back in. Will update later!

Update: took it to Burbank service this am at 8:30. No loaners available but they gave $200 Uber credit with expected completion 4pm tomorrow.

Got a call at 4 today saying the car is ready for pick up! They said it was a loose wire/plug into the amp.

No more 1985 boombox cassette sound anymore! Love the sound system!

Spoke too soon. Got my VIN assigned just now.

I have 2 questions:

1. The delivery window is set to the 5/20-5/21. This is incredibly close! I don't have time to get my financing together and the rep said if I don't accept the offered dates, I might be pushed back months. I have my tesla loan approved but I was getting better interest rates from the local credit union. Any tips?
  2. The only delivery method was at-home delivery. Anyway we can change it to pickup at a Tesla service center so that we can checkout the car before accepting the delivery?

Thanks.
Most banks or credit unions can get financing approved in a day or two. Go in person if necessary.

Reactions: Notadog
EDD updated to a 14 day window 🤞 - question:

1) Does one have to "make" the full payment before scheduling delivery? I know we can take the payment (money order/bank check) with us, but how is this communicated to Tesla? My SA is unresponsive, last email I got from him was in December, and nothing to the follow ups since then.

EDD updated to a 14 day window 🤞 - question:

1) Does one have to "make" the full payment before scheduling the delivery? I know we can take the payment (money order/bank check) with us, but how is this communicated to Tesla? My SA is unresponsive, last email I got from him was in December, and nothing to the follow ups since then.

Reactions: GasGuzzler
Most banks or credit unions can get financing approved in a day or two. Go in person if necessary.
Or even less than that. I got my financing completed in 30min.

In my case I went through process online early Monday AM, approved instantly, gave them a call to process everything, docusign with them on the line and have them overnight the check so I received it on Tuesday and delivery was on Wednesday. I could have actually pick up the car also on Tuesday since I received the check by noon.