Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally ordered an MYLR on 10/29/21 but profile wasn't completed until January 2022. Upgraded to MYP on 05/18/22!

Yup! At least I hope so. I live right down the street from it hahaha
Based on my personal and anecdotal (two coworkers with Tesla) experiences with the Irvine SC, scrutinize everything they tell you (if it sounds remotely implausible), and advocate strongly for what you need, and this includes items on delivery day. Every time I walk in there I get the GameStop vibe (staffed with teenagers that didn't want to be there), but even GameStop employees know more about their products. I live very close to this SC also but if possible, I'll probably schedule service calls with Lake Forest SC, or even South Coast SC.

Here's hoping we get somewhere next week...

Reactions: mservoss and t1m1t
Based on my personal and anecdotal (two coworkers with Tesla) experiences with the Irvine SC, scrutinize everything they tell you (if it sounds remotely implausible), and advocate strongly for what you need, and this includes items on delivery day. Every time I walk in there I get the GameStop vibe (staffed with teenagers that didn't want to be there), but even GameStop employees know more about their products. I live very close to this SC also but if possible, I'll probably schedule service calls with Lake Forest SC, or even South Coast SC.

Yup! Took our Model 3 there once and hated everything about it. They said they fixed everything but I honestly believe they didn't even touch it. Went to the Santa Ana one and they took care of me and all issues.

Reactions: mservoss and PeteOC

Is this for service or deliveries?

Is this for service or deliveries?
Both. I've been there for general information and ordering questions since I'm waiting on my first, but my coworkers have both been there several times trying to get issues repaired and the lack of professionalism is apparent. I have had friends taking deliveries there and customer service was spotty at best. My experience with the Costa Mesa SC and Lake Forest SC (where I did my test drives) were much better.

So I've been concerned because my EDD moved to Oct 22-Jan 23 and that is just too far out for our needs. I called my SA to ask about switching from my MYLR to a MYP and she was adamant that my pricing would change to current MYP pricing as opposed the MYP pricing at the time I placed the order (2/14/22). I mentioned that I had seen otherwise in my research and she insisted my "research" was wrong and I would have to pay current pricing on the upgrade. Can anyone offer other info or help me with what I should say/do to get the original pricing?

On another note, I asked about the mobile connector and she said they are including them at the factory for any orders prior to the announcement date, and if a car shows up for delivery without the mobile connector, they have extras at the SC they put in the car if it qualifies based on order date.

FYI - I've also posted in the February order thread, but thought I might get more input over here. Thanks.

So I've been concerned because my EDD moved to Oct 22-Jan 23 and that is just too far out for our needs. I called my SA to ask about switching from my MYLR to a MYP and she was adamant that my pricing would change to current MYP pricing as opposed the MYP pricing at the time I placed the order (2/14/22). I mentioned that I had seen otherwise in my research and she insisted my "research" was wrong and I would have to pay current pricing on the upgrade. Can anyone offer other info or help me with what I should say/do to get the original pricing?

On another note, I asked about the mobile connector and she said they are including them at the factory for any orders prior to the announcement date, and if a car shows up for delivery without the mobile connector, they have extras at the SC they put in the car if it qualifies based on order date.

FYI - I've also posted in the February order thread, but thought I might get more input over here. Thanks.
My original OD was Oct. 2021 for a MYLR. I changed to a MYP two days ago and the pricing was consistent with the pricing back in Oct. 2021 and it is shown on my Pricing Details. Rather than talk to the SA who may not be educated on this process, go here (-https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RN#-), remove the beginning and ending dash and input your actual RN in place of "#". The first time you do this, you may be asked to log into your Tesla account. Once you do, put this link in the address bar again and it should take you to your vehicle configuration page where you will see the pricing of the MYP when you initially ordered your car.

Good luck.

My original OD was Oct. 2021 for a MYLR. I changed to a MYP two days ago and the pricing was consistent with the pricing back in Oct. 2021 and it is shown on my Pricing Details. Rather than talk to the SA who may not be educated on this process, go here (-https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RN#-), remove the beginning and ending dash and input your actual RN in place of "#". The first time you do this, you may be asked to log into your Tesla account. Once you do, put this link in the address bar again and it should take you to your vehicle configuration page where you will see the pricing of the MYP when you initially ordered your car.

Good luck.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Reactions: PeteOC
From what I’ve read and experienced, it works better on a browser other than chrome
So, my SA just called back to apologize and let me know she was wrong. I can modify the order and the pricing stays the same. I had her submit an order change and my pricing on the MYP stayed the same as it was in Feb. She was incredibly gracious and apologetic about the mix up.

So, my SA just called back to apologize and let me know she was wrong. I can modify the order and the pricing stays the same. I had her submit an order change and my pricing on the MYP stayed the same as it was in Feb. She was incredibly gracious and apologetic about the mix up.
I wish all SAs were like this... Glad it worked out.

I’m curious if your “Order placed with electronically accepted terms“ date changed in your order agreement. My original OD for a MYLR was 2/1, but my order date shows the date I switched to MYP, 3/30. I still got the original pricing when I switched so my 2/1 OD must be recorded somewhere, but I’m wondering which date they are using when prioritizing when I will get my VIN.

I’m curious if your “Order placed with electronically accepted terms“ date changed in your order agreement. My original OD for a MYLR was 2/1, but my order date shows the date I switched to MYP, 3/30. I still got the original pricing when I switched so my 2/1 OD must be recorded somewhere, but I’m wondering which date they are using when prioritizing when I will get my VIN.
I'm wondering the same. CVRP rebate is $2000, but orders placed after March 15, 2022 do not qualify... My OD is 10/29/21. Hopefully it goes by that hahaha

I'm wondering the same. CVRP rebate is $2000, but orders placed after March 15, 2022 do not qualify... My OD is 10/29/21. Hopefully it goes by that hahaha
If all else fails, I still have my credit card statement to prove I ordered on 2/1/22. Since VIN, and hence, configuration, aren’t locked in at the initial order, that’s my argument to claim the credit, and I’m sticking to it! Has anyone already submitted the CVRP form? Did you need to show proof of the OD, and if so, what did you use?

Yes it did. It shows 5/20/2022. The SA said they go off of the original order date (which also dictates the inclusion of the mobile connector).

I thought the cap on the cvrp was 60k for a model y. I thought the MYP doesn’t qualify since the price was 63990 when I purchased in February.
“Consumers who ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Tesla Model Y on or before March 15, 2022 are still eligible for a rebate if you meet all other  eligibility requirements. Please note: to be eligible, you must submit a CVRP application after delivery and within three months of the date of first registration.“ cleanvehiclerebate.org

Maybe they view the MYP price as a ”performance option” to the MYLR base price to stay under the $60k limit. Who am I to argue with them? 😉