Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's up guys? First post here, just took delivery of my M3P and love it! Ordered a Y for my wife, here's our latest.....

MYLR BLK/BLK NO FSD

OOD 2/24/22
EDD Aug - Oct
EDD Oct - Jan '23
EDD 9/10 - 11/5

Was surprised to see the EDD pulled in, but I'll take it. Definitely don't expect as many updates as I got on my M3P. For what it's worth, I order the M3P 3/2 and took delivery 5/14

I think you meant to tag me. My EDD is a day after yours! Hoping mine comes soon but not too soon. I’m planning to be away until after the Memorial Day holiday, and tesla has already threatened that I can’t pass on this vehicle because my order date is more than a year out. I don’t want to pass on any vins, but I also can’t change my travel plans.
Us too, leaving on a trip so hoping it comes first week of June.

Reactions: Winning Guy
@PeteOC pick-up scheduled for June 3rd! I'm going at 10:30am though. Wife's got a doctors appointment at 2.
See you there. Same date same time. I’ll be there with my wife. Picking up White on White Y.

What’s funny is, I resubmitted my trade-in now that everything is scheduled, and Tesla’s offer just came in, and it is $1,000 higher than the offer that expired two months ago. Thank goodness for inflation?!

@PeteOC @t1m1t have you guys noticed that Irvine people have to wait around 2 weeks to get the car after VIN assignment while guys at Burbank are getting their cars much sooner after VIN?
I regret choosing Irvine as my pick up location. Our cars are just sitting at Fremont for 2 weeks.
IF we do get our cars on 6/3 as scheduled, and not delayed further more due to missing parts, I don’t mind waiting a little longer. Prior to changing to MYP my EDD was mid July, which I’m sure was just a precursor to another delay since I got the 7-seater. 6/3 would be 232 days since ordering; I’m okay with two weeks. I’m sure @t1m1t would agree. I much prefer using this time to get financing and insurance quotes finalized. Trying to get all this done in three days like other timeframe I’ve seen was stressing me out. Plenty of time now.

Reactions: Anon2022
Interesting update…my car is on a train from Fremont to SoCal. That’s why I got my vin almost two weeks before delivery!
F450 does not have matrix headlights but does have amd chip
Did you ask an SA if yours had matrix headlights? I've got F438, texted an SA and he/she said mine has everything but they couldn't confirm about the double pane rear windows or the heated windshield wipers. They mentioned they do not list that information in configurations.

See you there. Same date same time. I’ll be there with my wife. Picking up White on White Y.

What’s funny is, I resubmitted my trade-in now that everything is scheduled, and Tesla’s offer just came in, and it is $1,000 higher than the offer that expired two months ago. Thank goodness for inflation?!
Very nice! I kind of wish I hadn't sold our M3SR+ until now hahaha. Might've gotten more, but oh well.

IF we do get our cars on 6/3 as scheduled, and not delayed further more due to missing parts, I don’t mind waiting a little longer. Prior to changing to MYP my EDD was mid July, which I’m sure was just a precursor to another delay since I got the 7-seater. 6/3 would be 232 days since ordering; I’m okay with two weeks. I’m sure @t1m1t would agree. I much prefer using this time to get financing and insurance quotes finalized. Trying to get all this done in three days like other timeframe I’ve seen was stressing me out. Plenty of time now.
Definitely agree. More time to get everything together is always better than a mad rush.

Reactions: PeteOC
Did you ask an SA if yours had matrix headlights? I've got F438, texted an SA and he/she said mine has everything but they couldn't confirm about the double pane rear windows or the heated windshield wipers. They mentioned they do not list that information in configurations.
I believe he mentioned his does not have matrix headlights. Regarding the double-pane rear windows, I was under the impression that was a Shanghai gigafactory exclusive for the time being until Berlin and Texas get them, but Fremont was not going to have it (just like the extra accent trim pieces on front doors). I have seen some mention they got heated wipers, but we’ll see about that soon.

No I only asked about headlights, amd.

It takes a train 2 weeks to travel from Fremont to LA?

No they said it takes 7 days vs two on a truck. Car was “born” May 17th. If it got on a train that same day we’re looking at 24th. They said the date is inflated so it actually has time to get to the Delivery Center and get looked at.

On a side note Shift offered 43k for my 2019 SR+ with 28500 miles.

A local dealership offered 44000.
I paid 38900 before tax/license but got 2000 in rebates and 3750 tax credit. All in I’m breaking even with a car I drove for 3 years (including the new set of tires just put on)
A “regular” car that is an appreciating asset, who knew? :) And it is not even a quarter of a million dollar car, or a rare collectible to begin with.

Congrats!

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r

"Sorry for the wait. Here's $1000."

I believe he mentioned his does not have matrix headlights. Regarding the double-pane rear windows, I was under the impression that was a Shanghai gigafactory exclusive for the time being until Berlin and Texas get them, but Fremont was not going to have it (just like the extra accent trim pieces on front doors). I have seen some mention they got heated wipers, but we’ll see about that soon.
Ah so US MY's don't get the double-pane windows in the rear... I honestly have no idea what the VINs mean regarding updates hahaha. I hope our MYP has all the new updates!

Reactions: PeteOC