Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's true, haven't thought of it that way. I picked Irvine thinking that it would get my car delivered sooner since it's the city of Teslas.

I hope our cars aren't more prone to damage from the train compared to semi...
That’s the only reasoning I can come up with. My delivery documents show 15 miles on the ODO. I’m assuming that’s driving to the train station and then to the delivery center. My previous cars all showed “50” miles on documents even though they were far less.

Only time will tell.

Reactions: mservoss
That’s the only reasoning I can come up with. My delivery documents show 15 miles on the ODO. I’m assuming that’s driving to the train station and then to the delivery center. My previous cars all showed “50” miles on documents even though they were far less.

Only time will tell.
I’m pretty sure all new Teslas come with 15 miles on the ODO. We got our previous M3SR+ at the now moved Costa Mesa location and it had 15 miles on it. I could be wrong though.

Our MYP is in route from Fremont plant. My Edd changed last evening is 5/24-5/29 and VIN was issued. We have a trip planned this weekend that was planned over a year ago. Anyone have any feedback on if they had to extend pickup by 1-2 days? Hoping they would be understandable as it’s a holiday weekend. Thank you for any input.

Reactions: PeteOC
Our MYP is in route from Fremont plant. My Edd changed last evening is 5/24-5/29 and VIN was issued. We have a trip planned this weekend that was planned over a year ago. Anyone have any feedback on if they had to extend pickup by 1-2 days? Hoping they would be understandable as it’s a holiday weekend. Thank you for any input.
No they will just reassign the VIN to the next person and put back in line. I had to cancel my vacation plans when I got my VIN

Reactions: Linewifey
I also have a packed weekend of traveling. Really hope they don't decide to change my delivery date.

Hopefully not too much more. Some MYLR orders from Sept-Oct 2021 are being pushed out to Oct - Nov 2022.
Looks like there pushing all of the MYP (for bigger EOQ profits) and not many or no MYLR out of Fremont....Just what I'm seeing/reading throughout this website. Sucks for us MYLR orders! I thought about changing to MYP, but the car is for my wife, no additional speed needed🤷‍♂️

Looks like there pushing all of the MYP (for bigger EOQ profits) and not many or no MYLR out of Fremont....Just what I'm seeing/reading throughout this website. Sucks for us MYLR orders! I thought about changing to MYP, but the car is for my wife, no additional speed needed🤷‍♂️
Our MYLR was also for my wife. We ordered Oct 2021 and got pushed out to Oct 2022 for delivery. We can't wait that long since we only have one car between the two of us after selling our M3SR+, so we switched to the MYP (took a lot of convincing). Worked out because it was the model I originally wanted, but seeing how it would be for her, we went with the MYLR. If it's too much for her to handle, she said she'd take the GTI we currently have and let me have the MYP. It's funny hearing my GTI is the slower car now hahaha

Reactions: Ohzee619
Our MYLR was also for my wife. We ordered Oct 2021 and got pushed out to Oct 2022 for delivery. We can't wait that long since we only have one car between the two of us after selling our M3SR+, so we switched to the MYP (took a lot of convincing). Worked out because it was the model I originally wanted, but seeing how it would be for her, we went with the MYLR. If it's too much for her to handle, she said she'd take the GTI we currently have and let me have the MYP. It's funny hearing my GTI is the slower car now hahaha
I completely understand the demand for the MYP by majority of consumers, but seriously Tesla can't throw in 1 day each week to build MYLR? 4X a month, to try to alleviate the MYLR back log......MYLR, may have had bigger demand in the beginning, but so many people switched to MYP, it just pushed us aside. Oh well🤷‍♂️

I completely understand the demand for the MYP by majority of consumers, but seriously Tesla can't throw in 1 day each week to build MYLR? 4X a month, to try to alleviate the MYLR back log......MYLR, may have had bigger demand in the beginning, but so many people switched to MYP, it just pushed us aside. Oh well🤷‍♂️
Until Tesla sees massive cancelations of orders and/or waning demand, they will continue to push EOQ profits over customer satisfaction. They have an untapped resource that is Giga Texas, but that is basically an overgrown R&D facility at the moment building a car that no one (other than employees) can order but supposedly soon. Once this new "lower cost" version is available, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens where MYP orders will supersede it to boost earning call stats. A twisted way of looking at this is, without the additional capital earned by pushing these MYPs, the MYLRs would not be built in numbers we expect to see, though it seems like these extra earnings are just used to push more MYPs...

Tesla's approach to fulfilling orders, and prioritizing higher profit models, makes me wonder if I made the right decision ordering a Tesla. Secondly, the number of Tesla's on the road is going up, but the SCs numbers aren't keeping up with the demand (i.e. longer waiting times to have your car serviced when needed). Your thoughts?

Tesla's approach to fulfilling orders, and prioritizing higher profit models, makes me wonder if I made the right decision ordering a Tesla. Secondly, the number of Tesla's on the road is going up, but the SCs numbers aren't keeping up with the demand (i.e. longer waiting times to have your car serviced when needed). Your thoughts?
I’m increasingly convinced that RN stand for “random number” for prioritizing deliveries. Maybe they add the digits from right to left, or do a numerology reading to find your delivery date. I’ve had FSD from the start, and seen many VINs assigned to people without FSD that ordered/switched at or after my dates. So including FSD doesn’t guarantee any prioritization for delivery. (Although, they still say removing it will delay delivery.) FSD has the highest profit margin for any option since there’s almost no incremental cost to Tesla for each sale adding FSD. I’m lucky that I have a back-up vehicle, since I jumped the gun and sold my Leaf when I entered my first of many 2 week windows, and I don’t have any trips planned until August. But still… c’mon guys! Like Tom Petty said, The waiting is the hardest part.

Reactions: Masa F