Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's approach to fulfilling orders, and prioritizing higher profit models, makes me wonder if I made the right decision ordering a Tesla. Secondly, the number of Tesla's on the road is going up, but the SCs numbers aren't keeping up with the demand (i.e. longer waiting times to have your car serviced when needed). Your thoughts?
There are also increasing chatter that Super Chargers will be opened to all EVs very shortly in the US as well, so that should be fun... As soon as that happens, people will no longer use other charging sites with cumbersome plugging and billing procedures, and create havoc at Tesla stations.

There are also increasing chatter that Super Chargers will be opened to all EVs very shortly in the US as well, so that should be fun... As soon as that happens, people will no longer use other charging sites with cumbersome plugging and billing procedures, and create havoc at Tesla stations.
From what I read, those with non-Teslas that use the SCs will be charged a lot more than when using another charger (ex. Electrify America charger). But I'm not too sure on that. Hopefully there is a system in place that doesn't cause too much chaos hahaha

Reactions: PeteOC
I own Model 3 since 2018, I love it dearly. Wife wants a Model Y. Signed up in early Feb, 2022. The app/website said estimated delivery in August 2022, but the sales guy said "don't pay attention to that, I'll get you one by mid-April". Mid-April came and went, and the app and website now say October-January, and the sales guy now quotes the same info. When asked how to speed it up, he says get a Performance model. Does this sound familiar to everyone here, or is this nuts? Well, it can be both.

Every month my sales guy or the computer sends me a reminder to complete the registration (drivers licenses, trade-in), etc. I have tried several times, and the process is convoluted, slow and annoying. Wife says we are getting pushed to the back of the line for not completing the registration, but that sounds unreasonable. I am taking another stab at it today.

A friend clued me in that the HomeLink is no longer included, and the sales guy confirmed. I saw a DIY thread, haven't clicked on it. Couldn't find where to add it officially on the configuration page. What is everyone doing about it?

Car and Driver (never liked Tesla) lists Model Y as #9 in its category. Ford, two Hyundais, VW, Kia all ahead of it. Would it be weird to own a Tesla and a non-Tesla? Wife hates Elon, maybe that's my angle. I don't even know if I want it anymore. Would take another Model 3 any day, but no.

When asked how to speed it up, he says get a Performance model. Does this sound familiar to everyone here, or is this nuts? Well, it can be both.
Oh boy, this is quite a topic on this forum.

Every month my sales guy or the computer sends me a reminder to complete the registration (drivers licenses, trade-in), etc. I have tried several times, and the process is convoluted, slow and annoying. Wife says we are getting pushed to the back of the line for not completing the registration, but that sounds unreasonable. I am taking another stab at it today.
The best advice that I can give about this is to fill out the registration information ASAP, set yourself to no-trade in (even if you have one), and set yourself to cash payment. This will prevent you from having to renew your trade-in offer constantly and having to reapply for financing. When you get a VIN assigned, you can start the process of a trade-in and financing then.

Best of luck! :)

check out their instagram, they do sometimes live items where they show the PPF put on.

the PPF is with GSWF GSWF PPF color it's colored, it's PPF, and it's hydrophobic with a 12 year warranty. I'd suggest contacting them for a quote as YMMV and the work they've done on existing Y's, 3's and S's they know their stuff as far as taking apart and putting back together. We went with their full tint (all windows including roof) and full wrap as a package.
Hi. Came across your post while looking for info on GSWF. Which color did you end up choosing? How is the film holding up?

When I got my Model 3 in 2018, I looked closely at the color options and got the metallic gray. I knew I chose the best color when I saw that every other Model 3 on the road is metallic gray. Now I am thinking, should I have gotten the "best" aka most popular color, or something more unique? Red and blue Model 3s look awfully attractive all of a sudden.

For Model Y, wife picked white and white. As of today, there are two of those on my street. Not counting mine, which is "October - January", haha.

Would this bother you? Would you ever pick your options to not be like everyone else? What is the best Model Y color today to stand out?

P.S. I called silver the ugliest possible color for Model 3 four years ago, and shortly thereafter it was discontinued, so silver is the most unique Model 3 color today. Someone would still have to hold a gun to my head to get one.

When I got my Model 3 in 2018, I looked closely at the color options and got the metallic gray. I knew I chose the best color when I saw that every other Model 3 on the road is metallic gray. Now I am thinking, should I have gotten the "best" aka most popular color, or something more unique? Red and blue Model 3s look awfully attractive all of a sudden.

For Model Y, wife picked white and white. As of today, there are two of those on my street. Not counting mine, which is "October - January", haha.

Would this bother you? Would you ever pick your options to not be like everyone else? What is the best Model Y color today to stand out?

P.S. I called silver the ugliest possible color for Model 3 four years ago, and shortly thereafter it was discontinued, so silver is the most unique Model 3 color today. Someone would still have to hold a gun to my head to get one.
Wanted to get white, but where I live there are 4-5 white Teslas at every stop light... We decided on blue to be a little different and because my wife prefers to have a different colored car (our GTI is white).

Reactions: ponzu
Let me know if this sounds familiar: Tesla sends you a reminder to "prepare for your Model Y delivery by providing registration details", you start the process, decide you want to register it to two people, do the thing with the QR code, the drivers license and the selfie, turn left, turn right. You enter your partner's name and email, and they say she will get an email to complete her part, and the registration is paused at this point. And your partner never gets the email not in Junk folder, not anywhere. So much of Tesla's web apps are sloppy.

Would you (or have you had to) change your registration to one person to get through this? Maybe fix it later when there is a VIN or when you are taking delivery?

Wanted to get white, but where I live there are 4-5 white Teslas at every stop light... We decided on blue to be a little different and because my wife prefers to have a different colored car (our GTI is white).
Judging by your signature line, switching from LR to P helped. How do you feel about it? I hate everything about P. Price, energy consumption, more expensive tires and, I assume, bumpier ride. It's a racket, but then so is everything else about Model Y.

Judging by your signature line, switching from LR to P helped. How do you feel about it? I hate everything about P. Price, energy consumption, more expensive tires and, I assume, bumpier ride. It's a racket, but then so is everything else about Model Y.
We did switch from LR to P but our LR was also blue. We noticed the high number of white Teslas in our area while driving our then white Model 3 and knew that if we were to get another Tesla in the future, it wouldn't be white. I originally wanted the MYP so I'm happy with the switch.

Also switched to a MYP (what I originally wanted also, but wife said otherwise). The only thing I plan to change on it is the wheel+tire combo back down to a 19" setup to make it a more efficient vehicle for road trips and nicer ride. Latest posts seem to suggest I'd be waiting until October and beyond if I stuck with my original MYLR 7-seater order, so I'm okay with the switch.

Reactions: t1m1t