Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 3/9. MYP MSM. EDD was 6/3-6/17.
Unexpectedly received my VIN this afternoon F440 and scheduled delivery this Saturday in Irvine.
Hopefully no major issues with the car and I won't have to reject delivery.
I'm going to call SA to confirm it has the AMD chip and all-season tires.

I notified Tesla once I got VIN. They enabled financing option on my account and then I was able to set up financing all online.
Got a VIN 🥳 - Did you have a pre-approval, or loan all lined up? Do they give a day or two to get the financing sorted?

I want to go with my credit union, and I have a pre-approval, but I am still waiting for the official confirmation. Should I first wait for official communication before providing tesla with the lender's name? I will be going to a branch first thing in morning - I am anxious before tesla might cancel my order because my profile isn't complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weind8695
Got a VIN 🥳 - Did you have a pre-approval, or loan all lined up? Do they give a day or two to get the financing sorted?

I want to go with my credit union, and I have a pre-approval, but I am still waiting for the official confirmation. Should I first wait for official communication before providing tesla with the lender's name? I will be going to a branch first thing in morning - I am anxious before tesla might cancel my order because my profile isn't complete.
For the Tesla financing, I had nothing set up. Tesla wasn’t responding to my texts asking for financing. So I went into a Tesla store and asked for help. An associate enabled financing option on my account online. After submitting online application for financing, mine got approved the same day. The associate said it could take a day. Approval notice came via email. Hope this helps! Congrats!

YATWW! (Yet another two-week window) Woke up this morning with EDD moved up a week and shortened from 4 to 2 weeks! Starting to feel more confident I’ll be in the California EOQ push. Thank you, sir! May I have another?
Where are you picking up from? I’m picking up out of Sacramento. Had a June 11-July 16th EDD for about a month and woke up this morning with a June 18-July 16th EDD. Hopefully I’m part of the EOQ push and not pushed out till next quarter.

I waited for a vin before contacting tesla. They actually reached out to me via text the morning after vin was assigned and I completed the change over text. It was a very fast process. I already had preapproval from my credit union that I signed up for as soon as I was a week away from my EDD.

I want to share some of my experiences with others before I move on with my life:
1. My VIN was assigned at 11:00 AM and received a call from the delivery center at 11:15 AM to schedule pickup that same date.
2. My financing was set to cash, and I did not get a chance to shop for better rates with local CUs around since it was a Saturday - the only option was to use Tesla financing.
3. Luckily, I had a downpayment amount in my checking account.
4. Initially, the delivery center would not let me inspect the interior of the car prior to acceptance of the vehicle. I insisted to conduct a full inspection and the delivery rep unlocked the car Don't take "NO" for an answer.
5. The complete inspection took around about an hour while the delivery rep stood around waiting to answer any questions.
6. I found a little scratch mark on the diffuser (below the rear bumper) and they helped me to set up a service appointment since the SC did not have techs working on Saturday. Lesson learned: schedule deliveries for weekdays - they could have taken care of the issue on the spot. Other than that, the car was flawless.
Be prepared and good luck to all!!!