Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to share some of my experiences with others before I move on with my life:
1. My VIN was assigned at 11:00 AM and received a call from the delivery center at 11:15 AM to schedule pickup that same date.
2. My financing was set to cash, and I did not get a chance to shop for better rates with local CUs around since it was a Saturday - the only option was to use Tesla financing.
3. Luckily, I had a downpayment amount in my checking account.
4. Initially, the delivery center would not let me inspect the interior of the car prior to acceptance of the vehicle. I insisted to conduct a full inspection and the delivery rep unlocked the car Don't take "NO" for an answer.
5. The complete inspection took around about an hour while the delivery rep stood around waiting to answer any questions.
6. I found a little scratch mark on the diffuser (below the rear bumper) and they helped me to set up a service appointment since the SC did not have techs working on Saturday. Lesson learned: schedule deliveries for weekdays - they could have taken care of the issue on the spot. Other than that, the car was flawless.
Be prepared and good luck to all!!!
I want to share some of my experiences with others before I move on with my life:
1. My VIN was assigned at 11:00 AM and received a call from the delivery center at 11:15 AM to schedule pickup that same date.
2. My financing was set to cash, and I did not get a chance to shop for better rates with local CUs around since it was a Saturday - the only option was to use Tesla financing.
3. Luckily, I had a downpayment amount in my checking account.
4. Initially, the delivery center would not let me inspect the interior of the car prior to acceptance of the vehicle. I insisted to conduct a full inspection and the delivery rep unlocked the car Don't take "NO" for an answer.
5. The complete inspection took around about an hour while the delivery rep stood around waiting to answer any questions.
6. I found a little scratch mark on the diffuser (below the rear bumper) and they helped me to set up a service appointment since the SC did not have techs working on Saturday. Lesson learned: schedule deliveries for weekdays - they could have taken care of the issue on the spot. Other than that, the car was flawless.
Be prepared and good luck to all!!!
Congratulations on your new Tesla!!! I just wanted to ask, you took delivery of a MYLR? Or MYP? I can read, but if you took delivery of a MYLR, it is one of the 1st I've seen. Everything delivered has been MYP!

Congratulations on your new Tesla!!! I just wanted to ask, you took delivery of a MYLR? Or MYP? I can read, but if you took delivery of a MYLR, it is one of the 1st I've seen. Everything delivered has been MYP!
When I showed up at the delivery center, there were two MYP and one MYLR (mine). One MYP was being inspected, the second one was in process of getting ready for inspection.
My MYLR was the last one to be prepped and inspected. By the time I was ready to ACH the downpayment, there were no customers, and 7 seven SAs wandering around and no cars to be delivered.

When I showed up at the delivery center, there were two MYP and one MYLR (mine). One MYP was being inspected, the second one was in process of getting ready for inspection.
My MYLR was the last one to be prepped and inspected. By the time I was ready to ACH the downpayment, there were no customers, and 7 seven SAs wandering around and no cars to be delivered.
Thanks for the quick response, your very lucky to have received a MYLR! Majority have been MYP deliveries.👍
I was gonna switch to MYP, but decided to stick with my original order MYLR, MSM, 20"

You initiated ach transfer same day? Do they actually see it on their end the same day?

It was 04:30 PM when I initiated the transfer. The money is still in my bank account as of this time.
It sounds like as long as you initiated the ach by the time you pick up the car it is ok? Not so much that Tesla needs to have received the amount?

I just got a vin last Friday with pick up Tuesday. I’m being told ach will take 3-5business days which will be after my pick up.

• Informative
Reactions: charlesoris
Greygory is here - OD 8/11/21 Pickup Irvine 5/30/22

MSM 20” Black 5 Seat tow no FSD

Attachments

• 20F9ED43-FE40-4FD6-AD85-9A29A327E904.jpeg
    20F9ED43-FE40-4FD6-AD85-9A29A327E904.jpeg
    861.2 KB · Views: 75
@PeteOC did you happen to get a delay?
As of this morning I am still scheduled for 6/3. I asked them early last week if my car was missing any parts that may delay delivery, and they said no, everything is ready to go. Sigh... The Never Ending Story...

Also, nice of them to reschedule you to another weekday without your consent... You want this car? You do it our way!

As of this morning I am still scheduled for 6/3. I asked them early last week if my car was missing any parts that may delay delivery, and they said no, everything is ready to go. Sigh... The Never Ending Story...

Also, nice of them to reschedule you to another weekday without your consent... You want this car? You do it our way!
Yeah seriously. My day off for 6/3 was already approved too hahaha

Reactions: PeteOC
Me too. Lets hope I won't have to change mine. Text Tesla and see if you can find out if your car is missing parts, still sitting on the train, etc., if you want to find out. Not sure if they'll get back to you but ever since I got the VIN, their texts have been decently responsive.
Texted them asking if there was a reason for the delay. Asked if our MYP was missing any parts. They replied back with, "Right now there is a truck driver shortage so we are having to use other means of transport that are slower and less reliable. Unfortunate, maybe we can solve this issue with the Tesla Semi!"

I then replied back saying that the driver shortage is unfortunate and asked again if our MYP was missing parts. They replied back with, "I don't see anything that indicates that however we do further inspections once the car arrives so we will let you know if there are any issues."

I did drive up to San Francisco on Saturday morning and saw about 8 trucks full of Model 3's and Y's (1-2 S's) going down the 5 South. On the way back home yesterday we saw only saw one truck.

Reactions: mservoss and PeteOC
Texted them asking if there was a reason for the delay. Asked if our MYP was missing any parts. They replied back with, "Right now there is a truck driver shortage so we are having to use other means of transport that are slower and less reliable. Unfortunate, maybe we can solve this issue with the Tesla Semi!"

I then replied back saying that the driver shortage is unfortunate and asked again if our MYP was missing parts. They replied back with, "I don't see anything that indicates that however we do further inspections once the car arrives so we will let you know if there are any issues."

I did drive up to San Francisco on Saturday morning and saw about 8 trucks full of Model 3's and Y's (1-2 S's) going down the 5 South. On the way back home yesterday we saw only saw one truck.
We did the opposite trip over the weekend going from NorCal to socal. On my way back Sunday, we saw roughly 7 trucks full of new teslas heading down to socal.

Well, so much for our Teslas being shipped down south on trains like they mentioned before...

Tesla just confirmed my appointment still for this Friday but not yet confirmed if the car is already here.

Reactions: t1m1t
We did the opposite trip over the weekend going from NorCal to socal. On my way back Sunday, we saw roughly 7 trucks full of new teslas heading down to socal.
Saturday and Sunday with 7+ trucks going down to SoCal, was hoping one would be mine hahaha. Saw 2-3 Blue MYPs on the 7-8 trucks I saw on Saturday. Hopefully there's an error and it does arrive for a 6/3 pick up hahaha