Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that. The latest text I exchanged with them confirmed my VIN is here in Irvine at the SC, so my original appointment is still scheduled to proceed for tomorrow. Also confirmed are the Pirelli tires but I’ll check them out first before making changes. Tesla is verifying my trade-in and wanting pictures of the title at the last minute which made me think they’re gonna revise my trade-in value (and make me get another cashier’s check), but so far so good. Here’s to hoping everything goes off without a hitch tomorrow.
That's awesome to hear! Was hoping to say a quick hi if we still had the same pick-up day hahaha.

Reactions: PeteOC
Sorry to hear that. The latest text I exchanged with them confirmed my VIN is here in Irvine at the SC, so my original appointment is still scheduled to proceed for tomorrow. Also confirmed are the Pirelli tires but I’ll check them out first before making changes. Tesla is verifying my trade-in and wanting pictures of the title at the last minute which made me think they’re gonna revise my trade-in value (and make me get another cashier’s check), but so far so good. Here’s to hoping everything goes off without a hitch tomorrow.
Please keep us posted @PeteOC! I switched from the MYLR to the MYP on Tuesday, Tesla SA called me yesterday and said my "soft match" has been verified as being assembled at the Fremont plant and should ship to Marina Del Rey between June 5-June 15😁, fingers are crossed.....

Please keep us posted @PeteOC! I switched from the MYLR to the MYP on Tuesday, Tesla SA called me yesterday and said my "soft match" has been verified as being assembled at the Fremont plant and should ship to Marina Del Rey between June 5-June 15😁, fingers are crossed.....
Just got an automated call from Tesla asking for me to confirm tomorrow's delivery appointment. It is funny how if you ask 10 Tesla buyers their ordering experience, you'll likely hear 10 different stories. I certainly never had Tesla SA call me to talk about "soft match", LoL. And why is it not a "hard match"? Could they still change their minds and give it to someone else? So weird...

Reactions: mservoss and t1m1t
Has anyone received a second trade in text? Just got another one today. Replied with no trade in again.

Previous EDD: 06/03-07/08
05/25 EDD update: 05/30-06/13
05/29 trade in text received (replied no)
05/31 EDD update: 06/13-06/27
06/02 second trade in text received (replied no)

MYLR | Black Ext | Black Int | Gemini | No Tow | No FSD | OD: 11/10

Just got an automated call from Tesla asking for me to confirm tomorrow's delivery appointment. It is funny how if you ask 10 Tesla buyers their ordering experience, you'll likely hear 10 different stories. I certainly never had Tesla SA call me to talk about "soft match", LoL. And why is it not a "hard match"? Could they still change their minds and give it to someone else? So weird...
Just got a call from Tesla. They told me my MYP isn't going to arrive until Sunday the 5th. I can call them Sunday afternoon to see if I could pick it up then, but most likely won't be ready until the following day.

Maybe🤷‍♂️, just quoting how the SA presented it to me🤣
And your also right, 10 different stories on how Tesla contacted them regarding delivery

Just got a call from Tesla. They told me my MYP isn't going to arrive until Sunday the 5th. I can call them Sunday afternoon to see if I could pick it up then, but most likely won't be ready until the following day.
This question has probably been asked a thousand times already, but here goes, recent Model Y Performance deliveries?????? What are we getting in LA /OC? Ryzen? 2170 Battery? Summer Tires? Li-Ion 12v Battery?
Just wondering what recent deliveries came with, or is it all over the map, get what they have in stock at the time of your particular build? If anyone knows🤷‍♂️

This question has probably been asked a thousand times already, but here goes, recent Model Y Performance deliveries?????? What are we getting in LA /OC? Ryzen? 2170 Battery? Summer Tires? Li-Ion 12v Battery?
Just wondering what recent deliveries came with, or is it all over the map, get what they have in stock at the time of your particular build? If anyone knows🤷‍♂️
All Model Ys come with Ryzen, 2170 battery, except the ones made in Texas, Li-Ion Battery. MYPs get summer tires in So. Cal.

I was told mine has Ryzen, new 12v battery, heated wipers, front double-pane windows, matrix headlights, and summer tires.

Reactions: mservoss and PeteOC
Got a text from Tesla "You can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your Model Y purchase." today. Is this a generic text? Does this mean I might get a VIN soon? Current EDD June 11-July 9 so still hoping for a 2 week window soon.

Got a text from Tesla "You can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your Model Y purchase." today. Is this a generic text? Does this mean I might get a VIN soon? Current EDD June 11-July 9 so still hoping for a 2 week window soon.
Got the same text this morning! I last got this text during the EOQ push in March but never got my Tesla. I have the same exact delivery window as you too! Last time I had a 5 day delivery window and then it jumped back by a month and kept pushing back. Hopefully we get ours soon.

I ordered the Midnight Silver Metallic, so I'm assuming🤞, all Black Badges and Trim, right? No chrome please!
The chrome delete on the trim has been standard since Q4 2020

I just purchased matte black frunk and tailgate emblems off eBay - delivery tomorrow. Found a local guy I’ve used in the past to remove the chrome emblems and replace with these matte black ones. I’m keeping the “DUAL MOTOR” chrome for now.

Let me know if you want details on my purchases.

Reactions: mservoss
@PeteOC wish I was there at the pick-up! Hope all is going well with your MYP!
Haven’t had a chance to take some pics, but I was in and out in less than an hour. Some cosmetic issues that Tesla claims are “in spec” but I created a service ticket anyway to see if they’ll take a second look, plus some other minor things like deep scratches on window and underside of spoiler. Drove the car for a couple of hours after pickup and it is humming along great. Compared to my old Acura MDX and my wife Camry, the suspension on the MY Performance is not bad at all so I’m not going to make changes at the moment. And get this, another MY Performance that is basically the same spec next to mine had Michelin All-Seasons on it… So much for limiting to Pirelli Summer Tires. Overall easy experience. Already got a bunch of accessories in it, and service scheduled for 6/14.

Haven’t had a chance to take some pics, but I was in and out in less than an hour. Some cosmetic issues that Tesla claims are “in spec” but I created a service ticket anyway to see if they’ll take a second look, plus some other minor things like deep scratches on window and underside of spoiler. Drove the car for a couple of hours after pickup and it is humming along great. Compared to my old Acura MDX and my wife Camry, the suspension on the MY Performance is not bad at all so I’m not going to make changes at the moment. And get this, another MY Performance that is basically the same spec next to mine had Michelin All-Seasons on it… So much for limiting to Pirelli Summer Tires. Overall easy experience. Already got a bunch of accessories in it, and service scheduled for 6/14.
Is there any “official” listing of spec parameters? Like size of panel gaps or similar? Or is it just up to the discretion of the SA? I imagine they’d have to have some sort of standardized list to follow, no?

Is there any “official” listing of spec parameters? Like size of panel gaps or similar? Or is it just up to the discretion of the SA? I imagine they’d have to have some sort of standardized list to follow, no?
The SA had a measuring tool with him and measured the places I noted, then went back to his computer to check “official” parameters, then noted the parameters that are within spec will not be repaired under warranty.

Reactions: Masa F