Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order for my MYLR on November 5th, 2021. White exterior, black interior. Five seats. No upgrades. My EDD has been all over the place. It currently is sitting at an EDD of July 21st to September 1st. Southern California (but I recently moved to Tennessee). Is there a way to update my delivery to TN, or do I need to wait till they tell me my VIN is ready? I am wondering if that will push out my delivery or move it closer if I am able to get a TN delivery.

Reactions: mservoss
I have friends who have had ordered an MYLR back in May 21 when they were about $53k. Their delivery dates keep getting pushed and now they are Sept/Oct 22.

I've read that MYPs are getting delivered sooner... but are there cases of same configured MYLRs that have the most recent pricing (previously $63k now $66k) that are getting delivered before them (although Tesla now shows those new orders as Jan/Apr 23 delivery dates)?

Or is it mostly MYPs that are getting made and delivered?

Hi Tesla Fams, Just wanted to share when I placed the ordered for MYP and VIN received.
Order Date: March 28th, 2022 9:30 AM
VIN Received: June 15th, 2022 around 10:00PM
Order Spec: White Exterior, White Interior, No FSD, No Tow Hitch.
Tesla is delivering to my house. (Did not have the option to pick up the car at the Tesla location)

Placed my order for my MYLR on November 5th, 2021. White exterior, black interior. Five seats. No upgrades. My EDD has been all over the place. It currently is sitting at an EDD of July 21st to September 1st. Southern California (but I recently moved to Tennessee). Is there a way to update my delivery to TN, or do I need to wait till they tell me my VIN is ready? I am wondering if that will push out my delivery or move it closer if I am able to get a TN delivery.
You should update your delivery (and registration from CA to TN) before you get your VIN. The only thing that seems logical in Tesla's prioritization for delivery is that they have already scheduled the transportation for delivery before you get your VIN assignment. If you change your location once you get your VIN, it almost certain that they will reassign it to someone else in SoCal, because that's where they will be planning to ship it. Of course, since it's a MYLR, it's hard to imagine that delays could get worse, but changing states and not updating your profile just might do it.

I feel like I’m being skipped over with all of these VIN assignments. My Od was 3/9, but I’m now on my 13 EDD with no VIN 🫤.
Hang in there! You’ve still in good position for the EOQ blitz. Any location in CA that can get a truck delivery with a day’s drive from Fremont will be very busy for the rest of the month! I had 15 EDDs and they were April to December, in no particular order. Then, BAM, I got a VIN. I sold my Leaf in April when I got the trade-in text and I “knew” delivery was coming soon (silly rabbit, Ys are for kids!). Been buying gas for the last three months. DEFINITELY looking forward to leaving that behind!

yes Tesla does provide an Insurance. BTW, what was your Order date and configuration?
Or they’re just prioritizing the higher priced builds for EOQ profits.
Yep.. switched to FSD two weeks ago and went from Oct to June and now have delivery appt tomorrow, got me for another 10k but I really need summon as my garage is tight and had before on MS.

Hang in there! You’ve still in good position for the EOQ blitz. Any location in CA that can get a truck delivery with a day’s drive from Fremont will be very busy for the rest of the month! I had 15 EDDs and they were April to December, in no particular order. Then, BAM, I got a VIN. I sold my Leaf in April when I got the trade-in text and I “knew” delivery was coming soon (silly rabbit, Ys are for kids!). Been buying gas for the last three months. DEFINITELY looking forward to leaving that behind!
Trade in text is not always a good sign. I received trade-in text yesterday and was very positive about it. But, today morning, my EDD changed to 08/19-09/30.