Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same specs as me. I ordered 11/6. I was in a 2 week window end of July and actually got a call from Tesla telling me to finalize my financing. I did and then got pushed a month to a 6 week window then a 4 week window and then finally the 2 week window starting last 8/27. Now its start 9/3. WIll be fun to see what they do to my rates since it will go outside the 30 day rate lock.
This will be my fourth time renewing my loan due to the 30 day lock and each time the rate has gone up.

My delivery estimate window narrowed from 14 days to 9 today - the old estimate was 8/27 - 9/10, and the new estimate is 9/2-9/11 (September 5 is Labor Day in the US, so perhaps the new 9-day window would, under other circumstances, be 7 days).

This looks like it's going to be real, I am VERY excited!

MYLR5, Red/White, 19", FSD.

Reactions: MODEVIL
This will be my fourth time renewing my loan due to the 30 day lock and each time the rate has gone up.
So did you notice something in your Tesla page that the lock lapsed? Did you have to unfreeze your credit everytime?
I thought the approval was good for 60 days so I would think the renewing should be able to bypass the freeze.

That being said some YT vide seem to imply you should unfreeze at pickup time as they do another check.

Anybody know if thats true or not.

I do plan to probably refinance at a credit union once all is said and done for a better rate.

Well my window changed to a 4 day window yesterday then last evening I got a VIN and this morning set a delivery appointment for tomorrow Aug 31.
There happened be a slot available. That makes me happy because I have read the $750 CA Clean Fuel benefit "Temporarily" goes to zero on Thursday Sep 1. So I am still eligible.

In fact I just got a text from TESLA that cars delivered after August 31 will no longer get the $750. Tomorrow is going to be busy for deliveries.

I also managed to keep the rate lock (it appears) from my finance approval on July 29. So I luck out all around.

So regarding insurance did everybody wait till they had the car in hand before adding it to their existing policy or did you add it early once you got the VIN?

Here is hoping for no delivery issues!

They dropped my car off today MSM MYLR F5444.
pretty good condition no real panel gaps. Paint is great.

One small knick on the faux wood on the left side where it mates the driver door.
One small crease or scratch on the right rear passenger headliner
Very minor alignment issues on some of the light fixtures

No rear shelf
No magnetic latch on armrest

Wheel covers are not black but more of a darker chrome which I prefer

My order was 9/17/2021 in Dublin for an MYLR Pearl white no financing & no trade-in. After waiting 11months + 5 days and 20 EDD’s, the car was delivered at home on 8/23/2022. Unfortunately, the car was full of cosmetic issues, the main ones being [1] a loose trim hanging above the steering wheel, [2] a badly mis-aligned front hoot, [3] a poorly adjusted RHS hatch door hinge and [4] a damaged paint chip on the hatch. The Mobile Connector MC included in the car order in September 2021 was not in the car. The car had been manufactured in Fremont and released on 8/21 but IMHO was NEVER properly inspected. Must have been an end-of-shift car.

On 8/24, I drove the car 18 miles back to Fremont, and had an ‘interesting’ conversation with sales. I loged five service requests, one for each major issues, then was redirected to the Service center on Kato Road. The service people [1] could not find any attachment fixture/clips for the trim and said it will need a new one [2] told me that the hood had to be adjusted by hand by ‘bending’ the soft aluminum [3] said that the RHS hatch hinge is often loose as the hatch attachment are asymmetrical, power on the LHS and strut on the RHS and [4] said that the hatch door will have to be repainted. A week later, on 9/1/2022 I got a call that my car was ready and went to pick it up. The issues [1] to [4] are more or less fixed, even though the paint job is far from being perfect. I also bought an MC adapter.

The good news is that I really like the car, even when compared to my previous early-Model S. Note that I also quite like the BYD’s that I have been driving overseas, that costs half the price of a loaded Model 3 Tesla!

My order was 9/17/2021 in Dublin for an MYLR Pearl white no financing & no trade-in. After waiting 11months + 5 days and 20 EDD’s, the car was delivered at home on 8/23/2022. Unfortunately, the car was full of cosmetic issues, the main ones being [1] a loose trim hanging above the steering wheel, [2] a badly mis-aligned front hoot, [3] a poorly adjusted RHS hatch door hinge and [4] a damaged paint chip on the hatch. The Mobile Connector MC included in the car order in September 2021 was not in the car. The car had been manufactured in Fremont and released on 8/21 but IMHO was NEVER properly inspected. Must have been an end-of-shift car.

On 8/24, I drove the car 18 miles back to Fremont, and had an ‘interesting’ conversation with sales. I loged five service requests, one for each major issues, then was redirected to the Service center on Kato Road. The service people [1] could not find any attachment fixture/clips for the trim and said it will need a new one [2] told me that the hood had to be adjusted by hand by ‘bending’ the soft aluminum [3] said that the RHS hatch hinge is often loose as the hatch attachment are asymmetrical, power on the LHS and strut on the RHS and [4] said that the hatch door will have to be repainted. A week later, on 9/1/2022 I got a call that my car was ready and went to pick it up. The issues [1] to [4] are more or less fixed, even though the paint job is far from being perfect. I also bought an MC adapter.

The good news is that I really like the car, even when compared to my previous early-Model S. Note that I also quite like the BYD’s that I have been driving overseas, that costs half the price of a loaded Model 3 Tesla!
I also visited the Fremont Service Center on Kato last Friday. They are keeping the car for a week to fix multiple issues - over a dozen paint chips (I used blue tapes to indicate), windshield weather stripping, door trim and headlight adjustment etc.☹️

BTW, it's fun to drive the car :). There is not much wind noise even on highway 101, while most of the noise is from the tires.

Last edited:
Too bad your car had some issues like mine; do you know when and where your car was manufactured? You can get that info from the service people, as it is displayed on their screen. Might be from the same shift on 8/21 as my car ;-( BTW, I also agree on the fun to drive the car on 101 and 880 !

Too bad your car had some issues like mine; do you know when and where your car was manufactured? You can get that info from the service people, as it is displayed on their screen. Might be from the same shift on 8/21 as my car ;-( BTW, I also agree on the fun to drive the car on 101 and 880 !
It was built in Fremont in August 2022. My delivery date was 08/24 so I guess the same group of people 😫

Hello all. New member here eagerly waiting for my MY!
Our saga started 3 years ago when we ordered at launch. Initially we spec’d out a LR RWD. After a year of waiting to hear from Tesla, they told us they would not make the car we ordered. They let us upgrade to the LW AWD just paying the difference, which was good because the price had gone up considerably. Last year we screwed ourselves by placing a hold on the order trying to get the tax credit that never happened. So here we are 3 years later and our delivery window is 9/6-9/18. Our Y will be white/ black, nothing fancy. But it’ll definitely be the fanciest car we’ve ever owned!
Trying to learn and prepare all I can before delivery!