Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things progressed rapidly for me within the last week. I got VIN assignment and a message to schedule delivery, within Labor Day weekend. I sold my previous car on Tuesday, secured financing on Wednesday, and drove my Model Y off the Marina Del Rey delivery center on Thursday. Too fast too furious amidst the record heatwave in Los Angeles. I need this weekend to recover from all that. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

San Francisco, CA
Model Y Performance
White with Black Interior
Tow Package
No FSD

OD: Aug 19th, 2022
08/19/2022 - Sep - Oct 2022
08/20/2022 - Oct 1 - Nov 5

09/02/2022 - Test Drove and asked associate while there if they could see any more details on my estimated delivery time - They said looks like Late September and told me I'm set to take delivery in Serramonte, Daly City, CA unless I'd prefer something else.

09/07/2022 - Sep 21 - Oct 5
09/10/2022 - Got VIN and request to Schedule Delivery within the next 5 days!

Reactions: JDEWD250
Scheduled to pick my Model Y Performance in Rocklin tomorrow Sept 12. Got a call that I could pick it up on Friday or Saturday too, but it would not work for us until Monday. Pretty excited. Still don't have a good charger in house. Waiting for the electrician to do the install in October. Guess it's 120v house juice or super chargers until then.....

Scheduled to pick my Model Y Performance in Rocklin tomorrow Sept 12. Got a call that I could pick it up on Friday or Saturday too, but it would not work for us until Monday. Pretty excited. Still don't have a good charger in house. Waiting for the electrician to do the install in October. Guess it's 120v house juice or super chargers until then.....
Do you already have a mobile charger? I don’t think new deliveries come with one anymore.

EDD change #8
D5233F4D-45CA-43A4-B3B2-BB173244714D.jpeg

Do you already have a mobile charger? I don’t think new deliveries come with one anymore.
Yes I got a mobile charger, and yes the car did not come with the mobile charger. Took delivery of the car yesterday. A very unique Tesla delivery experience for sure. Only real issue with car is the hood is slightly misaligned. My wife was learning the touch screen the whole drive home:) We got the performance model and the ride quality does not seem too bumpy for us at all. Have scheduled an at home service to install the garage door opener this morning. No charge for that. I also was issued a credit to use toward purchasing the mobile charger. I have a 2017 Porsche 911 C2s so interesting comparison. Acceleration is similar although the Tesla's is way more accessible. Handling performance is a huge win for the 911 although the Tesla is pretty good. Apples and oranges I guess. I think we are going to love this car! The drive home was a very nice experience. Up to now when we are in Cali we only have had our Toyota 4Runner to drive around. Great utility/go anywhere vehicle, but it is very very nice to have the Model Y now and leave the 4Runner parked for the most part.

Last edited:
Went in for service to Sunnyvale yesterday to fix my delivery issues:

• Sticky glue residue on rear of rear seat headrest
  • Knick on wood dash on left side
  • Rear headliner was not tucked in properly
  • Seat stitching was popped out on rear of front passenger seat
  • Also installed Homelink

They scheduled a followup home visit to fix that dash nick once they get the part.

They gave me a $100 Uber credit for the day while they fixed the car which they did in 2 hours.

Nice and smooth - talked to one guy and that was it.

Now as soon as I get my registration and can remove the temp sticker from the front windshield I will get tinting and possibly ceramic coating done.

Sticky glue residue on rear of rear seat headrest
Interesting. We had the same issue, although the service advisor had never seen it before. They removed it easily enough with isopropyl alcohol, but I wasn't about to play any solvent guessing games on my own. I'm still at a loss to explain how it got there. Was the residue on yours shaped like a rectangle?

• Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
Just saw my EDD changed from 10/7 to 11/11 to 9/21-10/5. Would anyone think it is a good idea to delay taking delivery before end of quarter for possible build quality issue due to end-of-quarter production push?
You'll probably still get one of the same cars since they're building them in batch. I pushed my 2016 Model X delivery because of this but still got the same EOQ vehicle I would have if I'd taken delivery sooner.

My build is the same as yours and I got my VIN today. They're building White/White/5 seater/Tow vehicles...