Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have owned my Model Y Performance for around 10 days now. I took the car to the Rocklin service center today to correct a couple of body panel misalignment issues. My first Tesla service experience there so it took me a few minutes to understand the system, but after that is was seamless. I got a $100 Uber credit which was nice. Service took around an hour and they fixed both the issues so all good. I also had the Homelink system installed at my house last week. It works great for my garage and the Blackstone gates where our kids live, but will not work for the gates where we live in the Heritage retirement community. I have tried multiple times and no go. Both Blackstone and Heritage use the Doorking system so who knows. Will keep asking around to see what the issue is. Have not found any definitive answer on the forums or other internet sources yet.

Same EDD, but got a txt msg yesterday that says my Y build will be in September and delivery in September. Still no VIN.

I did ask if the build includes matrix headlights, but reply says it can not be confirmed as it is not a configurable option :)
How did you ask Tesla? Did you reply to the text message? I wasn't sure if it was automated or if someone is responding to questions on there.

Have owned my Model Y Performance for around 10 days now. I took the car to the Rocklin service center today to correct a couple of body panel misalignment issues. My first Tesla service experience there so it took me a few minutes to understand the system, but after that is was seamless. I got a $100 Uber credit which was nice. Service took around an hour and they fixed both the issues so all good. I also had the Homelink system installed at my house last week. It works great for my garage and the Blackstone gates where our kids live, but will not work for the gates where we live in the Heritage retirement community. I have tried multiple times and no go. Both Blackstone and Heritage use the Doorking system so who knows. Will keep asking around to see what the issue is. Have not found any definitive answer on the forums or other internet sources yet.

The homelink needs to pair with the motor, which may or may not be doorking, even though the keypad is. I just paired with an operator called an All-o-matic and had to pull the cover off and push a "pair" button on the motor control. Nice to have it automatically signal the opener when I drive up.

Reactions: dflowerz
Got our VIN today - picking up tomorrow in the Bay Area.

MYP / Black Interior / MSM, no tow / no FSD or EA

Order date: 7/30/22
EDD1: 9/16-10/21
EDD2: 9/21-10/5
EDD3: 9/20-10/3
VIN Assigned: 9/21
Delivery date scheduled: 9/22
Update - ended up picking it up early today. It was an F559 that had all-seasons, the cargo shelf and the new door cards. No mud flaps or PPF (I think).

Overall quality was good. A few little scrapes in non-obvious spots but you'd never find them unless you went over it very carefully.

Reactions: kelp diver
Picked up my car today, and behold, a few imperfections. My passenger door is not flush when closed 😭. The mirror cap also has paint imperfection with an extra clear coat teardrop on the edge. I’ve scheduled for service for the door.

Bright side is I got the cargo cover. Tires were michelin as well. (Fremont build)
Whenever I get mine, I really want the cargo cover! 🤞🏼

Reactions: lunarmoonlion
How did you ask Tesla? Did you reply to the text message? I wasn't sure if it was automated or if someone is responding to questions on there.

I am certain its a real person texting and replying - but it must be hectic for Tesla SA's to push out as many deliveries as possible for EoQ. My EDD was changed yesterday from 9/21-10/5 to 9/26-10/4, then this morning (9/22) I saw the VIN, and as soon as insurance info was uploaded, delivery is set for this Saturday afternoon for home delivery. Had to scramble today to get payment lined up.

I requested to change home delivery to the Fremont Center twice in txt (before VIN and after VIN), no response yet. Will call Tesla in the morning to try again.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Picked up my car today, and behold, a few imperfections. My passenger door is not flush when closed 😭. The mirror cap also has paint imperfection with an extra clear coat teardrop on the edge. I’ve scheduled for service for the door.

Bright side is I got the cargo cover. Tires were michelin as well. (Fremont build)
Super interesting. I picked up mine this week, Fremont build as well. No cargo cover. Matrix headlights. And Continentals. I had assumed only Austin builds were getting the cargo cover and shelf.

I originally only had EDD mid Oct to Nov
On 9/17 it updated to 9/21 to 10/5
On 9/22 it updated to 9/24 to 10/1
On 9/22 evening, I got assigned a VIN for 9/24 pickup in Fremont
On 9/23 morning, I got an email asking for payment details and telling me about the delivery date.

I texted them that I wouldn’t be able to pick up this weekend. Would they hold my car for me for a week/I be put back in the queue for a new VIN/prices go up/or they would cancel my order?