Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I texted them that I wouldn’t be able to pick up this weekend. Would they hold my car for me for a week/I be put back in the queue for a new VIN/prices go up/or they would cancel my order?
I don't think Tesla would be that unfriendly. The important thing is Tesla wants you to take delivery before EoQ so that your car is counted for this quarter sales.

My home delivery is now changed to the Fremont factory for tomorrow noon - can't wait. They in fact offered to pick up today, but today does not work out for me.

Reactions: JDEWD250
They said they can hold this specific car for up to 3 days. After that I will get the next available car.

I am in the middle of finalizing my loan and my credit union needs a signed motor vehicle purchase agreement that has all the taxes included too. The order agreement is not enough for them. Is there a way to get it in my account? I dont see this form anywhere.

I got my VIN 9/19/22 and picked up 9/24/22 in Corte Madera. Loan check from Affinity Federal credit Union at 3% was overnighted. Received $200 voucher for mobile connector.

MYLR, Blue, Gemini, No tow, No FSD, completed profile 1/26/22, Fremont build. Did not have the Cargo cover or mud flaps. Did have matrix lights, license plate holder and J1772 adapter. I’m lucky i didn’t have any gaps or anything needed fixing! Good lucky everyone!

I picked up my MYLR5 white/white/Tow/No FSD today at the Fremont factory. Have matrix headlights, new door trims, and Cargo Shelf :) Talked to a Tesla employee who was working on the prep for new deliveries in the new car lot (busy day for delivery/pickup at the Fremont factory) and he said he only saw about two other MYLRs with cargo cover all these time. We checked 3 other MYLRs around mine and none has the cargo cover. Guess it is my lucky day.

Didn't find any issue on my MYLR yet, but I didn't look very hard. It was very nice short drive home.

I picked up my MYLR5 white/white/Tow/No FSD today at the Fremont factory. Have matrix headlights, new door trims, and Cargo Shelf :) Talked to a Tesla employee who was working on the prep for new deliveries in the new car lot (busy day for delivery/pickup at the Fremont factory) and he said he only saw about two other MYLRs with cargo cover all these time. We checked 3 other MYLRs around mine and none has the cargo cover. Guess it is my lucky day.

Didn't find any issue on my MYLR yet, but I didn't look very hard. It was very nice short drive home.
Its strange how random the cargo shelf is, I do not understand what their criteria is to have one in a specific car, I would think once they get the tooling and parts set up on the production line that would be set for all the cars, but obviously I do not know 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Its strange how random the cargo shelf is, I do not understand what their criteria is to have one in a specific car, I would think once they get the tooling and parts set up on the production line that would be set for all the cars, but obviously I do not know 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
Yeah i asked someone at Tesla and he said it’s random whoever gets it. Wish mine came with it since I live in San Francisco. Anyone have ideas on a 3rd party company that sells it?

Anyone have ideas on a 3rd party company that sells it?

The cargo shelf needs different side panels in the trunk area with ledges the shelf sits on. For 3rd party shelf, you need some mod to the panels. I think I saw some kit for this purpose on AliExpress.

For the reason my MYLR has the cargo cover, my wild guess is that its build started for MYP, then late in the assembly after side panels for cargo shelf had been installed, the build changed to my MYLR configuration, but I have no real knowledge what so ever on Tesla production flow.

The cargo shelf needs different side panels in the trunk area with ledges the shelf sits on. For 3rd party shelf, you need some mod to the panels. I think I saw some kit for this purpose on AliExpress.

For the reason my MYLR has the cargo cover, my wild guess is that its build started for MYP, then late in the assembly after side panels for cargo shelf had been installed, the build changed to my MYLR configuration, but I have no real knowledge what so ever on Tesla production flow.
I got a cargo cover when I picked up my Model Y yesterday in Rocklin.

There have been MYP's delivered in the last few days without cargo shelves, and then MYP's delivered weeks ago with them. Still very random

Congrats! Awesome that you received all of the latest features. Out of curiosity, what's the first three numbers of your VIN?

I'm taking delivery Friday and hoping it includes the Cargo Shelf too.

Picked up my Y today from Fremont. VIN F561XXX. White exterior, white interior, MYLR, tow hitch, FSD. And it did come with the cargo shelf, matrix headlights, and door trim. Only 1 out of the 4 Y's around me did not have a tow hitch
Good to see more Y's getting the cargo shelf. BTW for tow hitch, I highly recommend the 3rd party easy-detachable hitch cover found on Amazon:
Amazon.com

This piece makes it so much easier to put on/take off the cover.

you can order the stock parts and have Tesla service install it.
if I do not get one that is what I plan to do
We got the cargo shelf included in our MYP, and honestly it's pretty crap for an OEM cover.

Not sure if it's installed incorrectly, or if it's just a terrible design, but the folding design doesn't stay put, it's awkward to use. They should have just implemented the usual spring-loaded roll out solution that hooks to the hatch.

Picked up my Y today from Fremont. VIN F561XXX. White exterior, white interior, MYLR, tow hitch, FSD. And it did come with the cargo shelf, matrix headlights, and door trim. Only 1 out of the 4 Y's around me did not have a tow hitch
My VIN is F551XXX and didn't have the shelf but did have the matrix and door trim, so somewhere in there they transitioned to the shelf. Same exact build otherwise except no FSD. Enjoy.

Just took delivery of a MYLR and everything was perfect. This is my 2nd tesla, I have a M3P as well that I took delivery of in mid-2021 and I can honestly say the build quality of the MY is WAY better than my 3.

We did a thorough inspection before "accepting" delivery in the app. Found nothing, no paint issues, no panel gaps etc. On the inside of the car, everything was perfect as well. I was most worried about warping of the glass since that was a huge issue with my M3P. I had to take it in 3 times to get the front windshield changed before I had one that was acceptable. With the MYLR there are literally zero things to complain about, glass is perfect, no smudges or dirty finger prints anywhere.

The MYLR came with Matrix headlights, updated door trim and NO cargo cover. Also, it didn't come with the screen cleaning cloth which my M3P did, I wonder if this was a mistake from Tesla or they just don't come with the cloths anymore.

Vin F556 & took delivery in LA.

Good Luck everyone!