Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Air Filter Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the metal plate in the glove box allows access to the AP processor/graphics card. This is the card that will be replaced for free sometime in the first quarter to allow AP tracking on Navigation.

No, it'll only be replaced for free anyone who paid for FSD, to support FSD features. It's not needed, nor has Tesla said they will upgrade it, for EAP.

Drive on nav is already available in the newest software with current HW and has been rolling out since last week.

No, it'll only be replaced for free anyone who paid for FSD, to support FSD features. It's not needed, nor has Tesla said they will upgrade it, for EAP.

Drive on nav is already available in the newest software with current HW and has been rolling out since last week.

I think everyone seems to think as soon as AP3 is out, they will get AP3 hardware because they paid for FSD. I agree with you, they won't upgrade the hardware until it is needed to support features that are actually working. Probably wont be for years.

I think everyone seems to think as soon as AP3 is out, they will get AP3 hardware because they paid for FSD. I agree with you, they won't upgrade the hardware until it is needed to support features that are actually working. Probably wont be for years.

Utter nonsense.

Elon explicitly said V9 is when FSD features start rolling out, and further mentioned it was only waiting on the new HW to start being installed in cars.

It won't be L5 (and won't be for years) but it'll offer FSD-specific features (much speculation on which) and will require the upgrade- which those who paid for FSD will get for free.