Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin air filter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 P85D, I know there is an air filter under the frunk up by the fireman's loop on the passenger side. But that is for the incoming outside air not for recirculation.

I want to know where the cabin air filter is for the inside air, like when I hit recirculating air for the AC.

I've looked on the epc.tesla parts catalog and I can't find anything in names or pictures of an inside filter. Is there not one on the inside? It seems odd as all other cars have an inside air filter for the recirculation air.

Also looked on the fixyourtesla.com service manual and there is no mention of a inside filter either.

Just my 2 cents....

As a design engineer, I would need a filter for outside air, for bugs, leaves, and debris.
I would not need one for inside air. Inside air may have cigarette smoke and some particles, but not enough to justify the additional cost, parts, design, and needed real estate in the car's interior design.

Brian

Just my 2 cents....

As a design engineer, I would need a filter for outside air, for bugs, leaves, and debris.
I would not need one for inside air. Inside air may have cigarette smoke and some particles, but not enough to justify the additional cost, parts, design, and needed real estate in the car's interior design.

Brian
What about dust?

Inside and outside air are all pulled through the one cabin air filter. If you remove your glovebox to change the filter, turn your HVAC system on, then toggle the recirculate button on and off while observing the area above the filter. A door rotates to change the incoming air sources (outside air vs. cabin air).

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200