Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin camera and mic; Elon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need a camera to film all your police stops, well you may have other issues.
Nanny cam, dog cam, cheating wife cam, a what the hell are my kids doing with
my car cam, no eating in the car cam, a where did i drop my wallet cam,
a how did you fit that in the car cam, a back seat selfies cam, a you really camped
in the car cam (snoring included for free),
So being black is an “issue”? Must be nice to be white.

Please no harm intended, as a long hair hippy freak back in the day, well
we had our share of stops. That was what I was talking about, stoners on the road.

Oh I forgot got one, the thermal image of the kegs of beer in the back seat. Keep it
secure and cold cam.
With the camera in the interior, might as well allow us to call a simple command to start recording for whatever reason you like @one2many. Doesn't matter what you want, but be nice to record on demand.

So you are saying Ring shares videos even if you don’t download and connect the neighbors app to your device?

Yes, Ring can share your videos. Its in their terms of service you must agree to. They also have agreements with over 600 police departments to share your videos and once shared the police own the video.

Amazon says police can keep videos from Ring doorbells forever and share them with anyone.

Allowing the in car camera to record the driver has no real benefit for the driver. In the event of an accident it will give insurance, police and the other party proof that you (the driver of the tesla) may not have been paying attention, or distracted, or on the phone.

Last edited:
That one has the same smell of white privilege too.

You got any extra of that "white privilege" laying around? I grew up so poor we actually received government cheese, which was more poor than qualifying for food stamps, and stayed that way for most of my childhood. Would have loved to have some back then!

I believe that people are incorrectly conflating class-based jealousy with "white privilege", because they think the term sticks more than "I'm jealous of your financial status".

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt and glide
You got any extra of that "white privilege" laying around? I grew up so poor we actually received government cheese, which was more poor than qualifying for food stamps, and stayed that way for most of my childhood. Would have loved to have some back then!

I believe that people are incorrectly conflating class-based jealousy with "white privilege", because they think the term sticks more than "I'm jealous of your financial status".
Your privilege is showing. Being poor is not the same as being murdered because of the color of your skin.

Reactions: ngogas
I'm sure if your car was vandalized in front of a home with Ring and Sentry didn't catch it, you wouldn't be complaining when the police pull video footage off the Ring network to catch the criminal.
That’s an interesting presumption. Yes I would. I didn’t authorize it.

And I have insurance. So why do I need my privacy violated?

Your privilege is showing. Being poor is not the same as being murdered because of the color of your skin.

You want to throw data out there? Because I work in data analytics, and can assure you that your assertion will not end up with you coming out on top of that discussion.

Also, financial status has more of an implication on being charged criminally, harsher sentencing, AND being in a scenario that results in a police involved shooting, or any shooting for that matter. I'd suggest that you look at data for purposes of education, and not for the purposes of confirmation bias.

• Disagree
That’s an interesting presumption. Yes I would. I didn’t authorize it.

And I have insurance. So why do I need my privacy violated?

Sure, let's replace car vandalism with theft of an invaluable object out of your car - or homicide where there were no cameras other than someone's Ring. Now what? The point is, I'm sure with 100% certainty there were or will be situations where you'll benefit from "invasions of privacy" and won't care about it then because it was convenient for you.

Why does it matter if third parties or the state has access to cameras mounted on people's doors? They can already track every step you take through your phone and other devices. Personally I'm all for trading data for either personal or societal value whereas the value of keeping personal data private is purely a mental construct.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Status
Not open for further replies.