Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin camera more aggressive in Autopilot 2022.36.2 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the last update 2022.36.2, Autopilot kicks me off if i look down for more than 3 seconds or so. It has become ultra sensitive, very annoying.
If i look anywhere other than out the front window the Autopilot goes crazy and doesn't allow to be used until the next drive.

I understand the reason why it does this but before this last update, it was not this sensitive. Now it's a bit much.
This morning it did it after me looking down at my passenger seat for no more than 2 seconds to pickup my work ID. I feel like i need to put on a neck brace to keep my head in perfect position. What is this craziness all about? A bit too much in my opinion.

Anyone noticing this?

Won't that make things worse in some way if camera cannot detect something? I hope this would work.
Yea worse for the tesla data harvesting machine. I’ve had it covered since day one and have had no warnings, notifications, AP works fine. Maybe one day the in cabin camera will do something useful like detect kids left behind in the car or for recording break ins.

Yea worse for the tesla data harvesting machine. I’ve had it covered since day one and have had no warnings, notifications, AP works fine. Maybe one day the in cabin camera will do something useful like detect kids left behind in the car or for recording break ins.

See: polestar 3. If Tesla isn’t worried about the competition they’re in for a rude awakening.

• Funny
Reactions: InDaClub
Reporting back.
I put some electrical tape over the camera and, the damn thing alarmed again and lock me out. I never got a warning to put hands on wheel, it just beeped, screen showed a red steering wheel and again said autopilot not able to use until the next drive. I think blocking the camera now actually may force this to happen. I don’t have any other explanation for this.

Is it just me? Everything was fine before the last update.

question...i know latest beta requires the cabin camera to have clear view...if you turn off the beta in the settings menu and then cover the camera, is it possible to then use regular autopilot?

without the beta installed, the camera can be covered with no issues.

I ended up putting a service request in. This morning i got the red steering wheel on screen without any notice to put hands on wheel first. This is happening on every single drive now, cabin camera covered or not, does it either way.

What the heck is going on with autopilot? Is it me or is this a bug from the last update? Why don't i get the blue message to put hands on wheel anymore? It just goes to red and discontinues autopilot for the rest of the drive.

Let's see what service does.

I ended up putting a service request in. This morning i got the red steering wheel on screen without any notice to put hands on wheel first. This is happening on every single drive now, cabin camera covered or not, does it either way.

What the heck is going on with autopilot? Is it me or is this a bug from the last update? Why don't i get the blue message to put hands on wheel anymore? It just goes to red and discontinues autopilot for the rest of the drive.

Let's see what service does.
Same here in Model S. Very annoying not to get any warning and have to stop before you can activate AP again.

After the last update 2022.36.2, Autopilot kicks me off if i look down for more than 3 seconds or so. It has become ultra sensitive, very annoying.
If i look anywhere other than out the front window the Autopilot goes crazy and doesn't allow to be used until the next drive.

I understand the reason why it does this but before this last update, it was not this sensitive. Now it's a bit much.
This morning it did it after me looking down at my passenger seat for no more than 2 seconds to pickup my work ID. I feel like i need to put on a neck brace to keep my head in perfect position. What is this craziness all about? A bit too much in my opinion.

Anyone noticing this?
Yes, autopilot isn’t pretty much useless now. Kicks me off without warning

Updated to 2022.36.6 last weekend
I’ve been kicked off AP 4 times since then. That’s crazy! Not doing anything different. But now it must be the cabin camera because it only happens when I look away for a split second. A glance will do it. No warning just red wheel and disengaged for the rest of the trip. Pretty much unusable.

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life