Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cabin fan turned on by itself while parked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my wife just picked up her Y today. the cabin fan is turned on by itself and never stop, runs forever in the garage. I have to open the door to stop it, then after lock the door, a few minutes later, it turns on again, never stop.

I have tried lot of things, camp-off, dog-off, sentry-off, car locked , schedule charging -off , schedule departure -off . preconditionng-off.
over heating protection- off.
car is not charging, and my iphone to airplane mode , I also removed child seat. climate control set to off before locking. rebooted several times. garage temp = 70F. v11 software.

anyone can help?

Last edited:
a my wife just picked up her Y today. the cabin fan is turned on by itself and never stop, runs forever in the garage. I have to open the door to stop it, then after lock the door, a few minutes later, it turns on again, never stop.

I have tried lot of things, camp-off, dog-off, sentry-off, car locked , schedule charging -off , schedule departure -off . preconditionng-off.
over heating protection- off.
car is not charging, and my iphone to airplane mode , I also removed child seat. climate control set to off before locking. rebooted several times. garage temp = 70F. v11 software.

anyone can help?
What you might be hearing is the fan that runs for about 5~10 min after you exit the car or anytime a door is opened. It takes the moisture out of the ventilation system.

my wife just picked up her Y today. the cabin fan is turned on by itself and never stop, runs forever in the garage. I have to open the door to stop it, then after lock the door, a few minutes later, it turns on again, never stop.
The car has a mind-blowing heat management system. It will store heat from the battery in the cabin and vice versa. Heat is expensive (energy-wise) while fans and circulation pumps are cheap. Here is the first of a series of 3 videos that explains it in more detail than I can digest:

My guess is what you are hearing is just part of the normal (but very complicated) operation. OTOH, other people have made similar complaints. Personally, I just ignore strange noises coming at unexpected times.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
The car has a mind-blowing heat management system. It will store heat from the battery in the cabin and vice versa. Heat is expensive (energy-wise) while fans and circulation pumps are cheap. Here is the first of a series of 3 videos that explains it in more detail than I can digest:

My guess is what you are hearing is just part of the normal (but very complicated) operation. OTOH, other people have made similar complaints. Personally, I just ignore strange noises coming at unexpected times.
Agree, my friend owns a detailing shop where they put PPF, tint, etc on cars. He said Tesla's always make weird noises (his wife has a Model 3, so he's not just going off customer's cars). He tells the employees not to worry about it, stuff turns on and off in them all the time, just let the car do its thing.

Reactions: BitJam and MyMYLRnw