Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin/Hepa Pre-Filter Addition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was installing my power frunk when I can across the AC intake. Looked like a good candidate for a pre-filter like I added to our Y which by the way works amazingly well. Not meant to remove anything minor but will keep the bigger stuff from clogging up the hepa and cabin filters as they both seem to use the same intake on the refreshed Yoke style S.

Below is a picture of the intake where you can see the Hepa filter inside. A small piece of universal furnace cut to size filter material holds itself well in place by clinging to the surround foam. I cut it to 4" x 18" to fit the existing hole. The picture showing the filter material also shows the one just replaced on the Y which has been a year since I replaced it, lots of crap that would have been in the cabin filter if it were not for the pre-filter. I think the entire sheet was around $20 which will last for several years. I should mention the filter material is rather coarse so it will not affect intake airflow.

IMG_2311.jpg
IMG_2312.jpg
IMG_2313.jpg