Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin noise in model Y

Stach

Mar 23, 2019
Madison, WI
I swear, only Tesla owners would run a spectrum analyzer on the noise in their car! Hilarious!

We wouldn’t need to if it wasn’t the worlds biggest bass drum rolling down the road. The amount of extremely low frequency noise that the Model Y amplifies while going down the road is unequaled, in my experience.

Reactions: jsight

Pianewman

Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
When I finally get my Y (expected 12/16), I'll experiment with acoustical clouds, which are hung in major concert halls around the world to help break up reflected sound.

I'll probably hang different sized Tesla emblems, maybe a rotating mobile. I'll keep you posted.

Ldub22

Mar 1, 2015
Kirkland, WA
We wouldn’t need to if it wasn’t the worlds biggest bass drum rolling down the road. The amount of extremely low frequency noise that the Model Y amplifies while going down the road is unequaled, in my experience.

Well, mine is being delivered tomorrow, so I think I will need to get a snare and a hihat!

• Funny
Reactions: srlawren

Ldub22

Mar 1, 2015
Kirkland, WA

Seriously, I would get that shelf for the back. I'm a bass player, and low frequency sounds are best controlled with baffling.

Someone used to make one, but i can't seem to find it.

NY_Rob

Feb 13, 2020
Long Island
Seriously, I would get that shelf for the back. I'm a bass player, and low frequency sounds are best controlled with baffling.

Someone used to make one, but i can't seem to find it.

It's here...

Model Y

I have on in my MY and it has made a big difference in cabin noise.
20201128-093706.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Stach and srlawren
Sep 10, 2017
Outside
I had mine in for service for some crazy wind noise on the passenger side of the car. While it’s better, it’s still there. Driverside is silent. Thinking about the RPM kit. It’s weird it’s only on the passenger side. Other than that, car is silent.

Cigar Man

Intriguing Human
Jul 23, 2020
McAllen, Texas
I took delivery of my Model Y in early November. This week, I made a round trip of about 675 miles. My daughter and I both talked about how quiet the car is. I've been quite impressed with it - no problems at all, and I wear hearing aids which accentuates peaky sounds.

BTW - mine does NOT have the new laminated double-glass windows.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC