Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Noise in Refresh Model X 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that as the door window seal rubber ages, it doesn't "stick" to the window enough. The Tesla Service Tech says do not use silicone based rubber treatment, like the guy in the video. I asked him what to get and he said Wurt non silicone rubber treatment. I ordered a can, it's expensive. But the video is useful as the guy explains the problem how to treat it and why it works.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Update, pulled the door panel. The upper seal was not installed correctly at the rear of the window. I corrected it noise level reduced significantly
When you say you "pulled the door panel". What door panel? Do you mean the interior panel attached to the door?
When you say the "upper seal". What upper seal, where? Why do you have to pull a door panel to get access to a seal?
The only seals I'm aware of behind the door panels are rubber to cover adjustment access holes. Are you talking about something else? Perhaps the window seal at the top of the door? Can you provide any photos?

I'm really trying hard to understand all these incidents of wind noises and other problems so I can fix them and share more information. I'm still struggling with my own window/wind noises.

Thank you!