Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin overheat not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting an update after monitoring car for a couple of hours. Seems to be working but not keeping up. Thinking the HEPA filter I installed at the same time as version 10 might be restricting air flow or there is a software bug. Car has no shade in Houston TX parking lot except factory roof bars and one bike rack. Reflective windshield blind with net shade on roof and rear window. Any others withat HEPA filter having same problem?

Did you ever notice the climate control not working that well while you were in the car?
No, everything works fine other than cabin overheat protection. This problem started yesterday. Don't remember what they said over the phone. It was some sort of flap that is not working, will inspect car when mrs. gets home for anything unusual like a bird stuck in front flaps.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Does anyone know the threshold when no-A/C COP kicks in? Looks like my car got up to ~125F and then dropped down into the low 1-teens. I vented my windows thinking the temp would drop lower, but looks like it's hovering between low 1-teens, then back up to mid/upper 120s.

Does anyone know the threshold when no-A/C COP kicks in? Looks like my car got up to ~125F and then dropped down into the low 1-teens. I vented my windows thinking the temp would drop lower, but looks like it's hovering between low 1-teens, then back up to mid/upper 120s.
Sounds similar to what mine is doing now with AC on. Not sure what flap they are talking about to make it act the same. Need to call the local service center tomorrow and will try to remember your question for a tech.

Could not find anything wrong, recirculation flap is working and the one in the front of the car is about half open. Just changed the air filter maybe the flap is in there and got bumped? Ordering a borescope and will inspect inside centaur tunnel for anything dislodged.

Removed air filters and poked around the best I could with dental and makeup mirrors. Could not find any flaps or mechanical things in the evaporator/air cleaner box. There is a small rectangular duct within the air box that is probably getting covered by the edge of aftermarket HEPA filter. The factory style do not have a thick edge. Will test the car tomorrow in the heat without filters and report back.

Yes, already done and sent pictures to Tesla. Remote AC control works through phone. Tesla says all is working as it should and they canceled my service appointment. Today cabin temperature was 113, obviously not working so made another appointment as well as pictures of a door misalignment and mirror triangle separating from car. This makes 8 total problems in 13 months not counting the several software glitches like cruse control not working or the motor shutting down. I'm afraid it's time for a lawyer but want to give them a second chance for a fix. Really like the car, Tesla the company is testing my patients.