Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat Protection A/C not working for 2 months

BM3B

“beaver”
Mar 8, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I have observed that for the last two months my cabin overheat protection is not working properly in A/C mode. Frequently I walk up to the vehicle it is hot and the fan is not running. When I open the app to check it is 125-137 F, sometimes opening the app is enough to get the overheat system to turn on and cool down to 105 F.

I have observed this with the following software versions:

Is anyone else seeing this bug? I reported it using "bug report" but there is no way to know if Tesla knows or will fix it.

Reactions: fiatlux

bbell

Sep 14, 2018
Niagara
One "feature" of the COP that somewhat annoys me is the 12 hour limit. So if I park my car at 6pm, by the next morning it has stopped, so I have to manually precool the car if I don't want to enter a super toasty car the next morning. I would prefer an 18 hour limit.

I understand the reasoning to turn it off automatically, since leaving the car for days would add quite a bit of battery drain, although perhaps an option for unlimited would be nice for those that know what they are doing.

AmokTime

Nov 27, 2019
Philly metro
Mine is working fine. I did notice that when my last update happened the AC protection setting was changed to “OFF” and I had to turn it back on, but other than that it has been working. I usually listen as I approach my parked car to see that I can hear it running.

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
One "feature" of the COP that somewhat annoys me is the 12 hour limit. So if I park my car at 6pm, by the next morning it has stopped, so I have to manually precool the car if I don't want to enter a super toasty car the next morning. I would prefer an 18 hour limit.

I understand the reasoning to turn it off automatically, since leaving the car for days would add quite a bit of battery drain, although perhaps an option for unlimited would be nice for those that know what they are doing.

They need to change the 12hour timer from the next 12 hours to the next 12 hours of actual use. Easy fix for them, and the way it should have been from the start. Must be chaos in their software groups.

SDBob

Jun 23, 2021
San Diego
Any particular reason you bumped a thread that was over a year old to make this particular reply, to someone who has not been on TMC since august of 2020?
To avoid a duplicate thread. It's the same issue that has arisen again. My apologies, I didn't consider looking into the OP's posting history. Please move or delete as you see fit.

TAfirehawk

Jun 24, 2021
Texas
My COP has never worked and I can never even change the option. I figure a service request is in order but is there some other requirement/setting to get the option to turn it on/off?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC