Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat Protection - Activation Temperature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unrelated, but worth mentioning here. My Cabin Overheat Protection won't activate at all unless I've been in the car that morning, or unless I've had the car precondition the cabin on the schedule feature that morning. Not cool, after all this time spent working from home.
I think it's 12 hours after you were last in the car. I found this out the hard way recently when I had to park outside at home for a couple of weeks (usually garaged) and wasn't at work. By 10-11am the car was cooking on the inside. I thought a short burst of AC on the app as soon as I woke up would reset the 12 hour timer but no luck!

I have a bit of a different observation from OP but I haven't found cabin overheat protection working the way I'd expect (and I've just read the manual to see if any 'quirks' were actually documented features or limitations).
I'd have thought if I activate it for say 30°C, with AC, it's 'guaranteed' to keep the cabin more or less no hotter than that. And yes there's plenty of charge and I haven't been away from the car for more than 12 hours. But there have been several times I've seen the cabin temperature well beyond that (>40*C) and because I'm coming back inside soon or otherwise want the car not to be superhot, have to activate the fans and AC 'manually' on the app.

Unrelated, but worth mentioning here. My Cabin Overheat Protection won't activate at all unless I've been in the car that morning, or unless I've had the car precondition the cabin on the schedule feature that morning. Not cool, after all this time spent working from home.
I have a problem also.
Lately mine hasn’t been turning on unless I wake the car with the app. It may say 50 degrees and then 5 seconds later COP kicks in. (Car only parked for about 3 hours)