Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin overheat protection, how to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bouba

Sep 23, 2021
France
Hi everyone, I’m confused by cabin overheat protection. It seems to be linked to the tilt alarm. One can’t work with the other. But my tilt alarm is greyed out (it’s on, just greyed out).
So how do I proceed ?

Then how do I turn it on, I turn cabin protection on and it never activates
Note the limitations from the manual:
It may take up to 15 minutes to activate once you leave vehicle. Your target temp might be set higher. You may have "no A/C" set (in which case it runs only the fan, which may not be sufficient to cool the cabin). It only activates for the first 12 hours parked and also when battery SOC is above 20%. Read the manual for more details.
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

The people above are describing a different scenario of it being grayed out, not that it can be activated and doesn't seem to do much. Also the standard tips of rebooting car, updating app, toggling the desired setting on and off to see if it changes anything also applies.

Upvote 0
Note the limitations from the manual:
It may take up to 15 minutes to activate once you leave vehicle. Your target temp might be set higher. You may have "no A/C" set (in which case it runs only the fan, which may not be sufficient to cool the cabin). It only activates for the first 12 hours parked and also when battery SOC is above 20%. Read the manual for more details.
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

The people above are describing a different scenario of it being grayed out, not that it can be activated and doesn't seem to do much. Also the standard tips of rebooting car, updating app, toggling the desired setting on and off to see if it changes anything also applies.
My temp is set to 100F the cabin today was like 120F never turned in didn’t get any phone notifications that it activated or turned off. Yes I have the A/C option set to off, but even with it on it didn’t seem to work

Upvote 0