Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat Protection not cutting on??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new M3P, I have the car outside with the cabin overheat protection on. It's registering at 120 degrees, I have sentry mode 'off', I have cabin overheat protection set to 'on' (not on, with no AC but actually 'on') & the car is at 33% battery (greater than 20%).

I've left the car and it wont cut on, any ideas? Is this a software issue?

I have a new M3P, I have the car outside with the cabin overheat protection on. It's registering at 120 degrees, I have sentry mode 'off', I have cabin overheat protection set to 'on' (not on, with no AC but actually 'on') & the car is at 33% battery (greater than 20%).

I've left the car and it wont cut on, any ideas? Is this a software issue?

It should work unless you last drove the car more than 12 hours ago. Maybe try rebooting it?

According to the manual, COP turns on when temps reach 105 degrees, and stays on for 12 hours after exiting the vehicle. After that time, turning climate on and then off in the app should trigger it. In my case, I usually turn it on on weekends when the car is sitting in the driveway on a hot day. I have it set to fan-only and it keeps the car around 100 -105 degrees. When I turn climate on using the app, I usually wait for the temp to drop below 100 degrees which should take a minute to two. Then I turn climate off and let COP work for the rest of the day.