Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat Protection Not Working 8.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Temp sensor in most newer cars is by 12V in center console.
I've noticed the sensor grill down there. Possibly the hot air in the top of the cabin is being circulated down when the fan first engages. Although, I was parked next to a Tesla HVAC Engineer at a supercharger once, and while talking with him, he eluded to multiple cabin sensors. In all fairness, he was driving a MX, and I'm not sure if they're different in this regard.

I've noticed the sensor grill down there. Possibly the hot air in the top of the cabin is being circulated down when the fan first engages. Although, I was parked next to a Tesla HVAC Engineer at a supercharger once, and while talking with him, he eluded to multiple cabin sensors. In all fairness, he was driving a MX, and I'm not sure if they're different in this regard.

I only know of that one. I also know older cars had it in the dash but it was even more unreliable and,I believe, didn't have the perforations to allow increased air movement.