Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat Protection - Turn off @ home - Feature request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cabin Overheat Protection has an option to turn it off. I like to keep it on during the hot summer. Unfortunately when left on it keeps the vehicle from sleeping and leads to phantom power drain (not so phantom when we know what causes the drain).

It would be nice if we had the option to turn it off at home or at other designated locations like a covered parking deck at work. In my case the vehicle is kept in a garage at home so there is no need for Cabin Overheat Protection or for the phantom drain that comes with it.

What is the best way to let Tesla know there is interest in this feature? While a Tweet might get attention from Elon he is busy with more pressing issues at the moment. Any ideas on how to promote adding this option in settings?

Reactions: davezforce
My opinion is that a the few pennies a day that cabin overheat protection might cost saves you thousands in replacing the MCU. And unless your garage is air conditioned, it's likely to be much hotter than outside.