Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat protection

Vram09

Nov 21, 2020
Fremont
Does anyone know what will happen if the car interior reaches over the 105F ? I turned off features such as Cabin Overheat Protection and Sentry mode while my car is in the shop for another two days. Seems like my car is parked in direct sunlight and was sitting at 115F interior so I immediately turned on cabin control to low just to be safe. Just wondering if anything drastic happens if I were to let it reach that temperature again? Didn’t think the car could reach that temp in the sunny 63F weather.

XLR82XS

D M C
Jul 26, 2019
SWFL | Vegas
Um... nothing. :rolleyes: Use cabin overheat w/o A/C as Uncertain mentioned. If your windows aren't tinted in cabin will get abnormally hot when sitting outside in direct sun. Keep in mind we have giant glass roof panels.

I live in S. FL and have no hot cabin issues.

elptxjc

Dec 15, 2019
El Paso, TX
I bought roof sun shades, which I'll probably keep permanently. But need to tint the side windows too. Will leave the rear alone, since it'd never look right, due to the glass being only partly tinted (unfortunately).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC