Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Temp Mis-reporting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the latest software upgrade, I found the cabin temp being incorrectly reported to my iPhone App. It was way too high (80 degrees when outside temp was in the 60's). Contacted Tesla who recommended the following: I reinstalled the app and rebooted the software. Still an issue. Any one else? Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Hard to understand your post. If your car's windows are up, especially if it is outside, the interior temp will always be higher than the outside temp, particularly in Florida. It may also be hotter with the windows down, as the glass roof and dark interior will add some degrees. How do you know it is incorrect?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the note. The car is in the garage with the windows rolled up. The ambient temp (in the garage as well) was in the high 60's while the app read the temp in the cabin as in the 80's. When I got in, the car was cool, so the temp was being misreported. The temp on the dashboard was 67.

• Informative
Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0
Thanks for the note. The car is in the garage with the windows rolled up. The ambient temp (in the garage as well) was in the high 60's while the app read the temp in the cabin as in the 80's. When I got in, the car was cool, so the temp was being misreported. The temp on the dashboard was 67.
Check to see if anything is blocking the temp sensor. Not sure where the sensor is in the newer models, but in my 2025 Model S it is under the armrest, and the air inlet is a set of holes punched in a circular pattern on the forward face of the space beneath the center arm rest/cup holders. (Sorry I do not have a photo.) In my experience, blockage to the air flow to that inlet will turn down the heating system, apparently because the temp sensor senses a warmer ambient temperature than there is in the rest of the cabin. I assume that the remotely indicated cabin temperature is from the same temp sensor. Blocking the air flow could raise the indicated temperature by a considerable amount. It could be there are electronics in that hidden space. E.g. in winter I have dropped a soft hat or a scarf there and realized it was blocking the air flow. It need not be a snug fit.

Upvote 0