Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cable hook for wall connector cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Tesla Wall Connector (18' cable), but given its location, I'm not going to be able to store the cable on the connector itself. I've been looking at available wall hook/organizers, and they seem to typically be for the Mobile Connector. Most people would just store the WC cable on the WC itself, so I understand why that's not the focus of the average product.

I like that they allow the handle to lock into the organizer to protect it from the elements, but it's unclear if the WC handle will connect in the same way as the Mobile Connector handle.

Any suggestions for which product to choose?

There are a whole bunch of them on Amazon, I'm just looking for one where I know the handle will be able to lock in. Thanks!

I just got my Tesla Wall Connector (18' cable), but given its location, I'm not going to be able to store the cable on the connector itself. I've been looking at available wall hook/organizers, and they seem to typically be for the Mobile Connector. Most people would just store the WC cable on the WC itself, so I understand why that's not the focus of the average product.

I like that they allow the handle to lock into the organizer to protect it from the elements, but it's unclear if the WC handle will connect in the same way as the Mobile Connector handle.

There are a whole bunch of them on Amazon, I'm just looking for one where I know the handle will be able to lock in. Thanks!

I purchased this one and I'm happy with how it works and looks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0799GVJWN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Rapa Nui

The end that connects to the car is the same, whether its connected to the WC or UMC.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
I purchased this one and I'm happy with how it works and looks.
Cool, thanks. I suppose I should mention that this will be outside in the elements (which are nasty here). I know it's just plastic, so if it's anything like the various garden hose equipment I've bought over the years, it will need to be replaced now and then.

Do you use it in an enclosed garage or outside?

Anyway, no one seems to be complaining about anything other than the adhesive not being sufficient to secure to a wall, so it looks pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation!

The end that connects to the car is the same, whether its connected to the WC or UMC.
That sounds logical, but it doesn't seem to be the case with all the commenters on the Amazon products pages. (Not necessarily the best sources of info, but their reports are the reason I'm double-checking before making a purchase).

Cool, thanks. I suppose I should mention that this will be outside in the elements (which are nasty here). I know it's just plastic, so if it's anything like the various garden hose equipment I've bought over the years, it will need to be replaced now and then.

Do you use it in an enclosed garage or outside?

Anyway, no one seems to be complaining about anything other than the adhesive not being sufficient to secure to a wall, so it looks pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation!

Mine is outside, but fairly well protected as it sits about eight feet back from the roof overhang (on my carport).

Adhesive? The one I bought came with drywall anchors (I guess for those that mount it inside a garage). I used two 3-inch screws that fully reach behind my siding in to the plywood underneath.

Depending on how much cable you want it to hold, I got something almost identical to the handle mount from this item, although it'll likely only hold two or three loops of Gen3 cable(I don't have it holding any cable):

But I gotta say this one looks better in several respects...

Depending on how much cable you want it to hold, I got something almost identical to the handle mount from this item, although it'll likely only hold two or three loops of Gen3 cable(I don't have it holding any cable):

But I gotta say this one looks better in several respects...

Yep that's the one I got - used magnets and mounted it to my lift post - a perfect solution for me.