Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cable management f/home charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my NEMA 14-50 receptacle/outlet installed for my MYLR expected in a few months. My issue is that due to how my house/garage is configured, it’s about 8-10 feet from where the car’s charge port will be when parked. I have a Tesla cable organizer kit and I would like to loop the cable on the wall back by the back of the car.

Does anyone have any thoughts for supporting/securing the cable between the outlet and where I want the looped cable hanger placed?

Oh yeah…thanks to how the sheet rock and cinder block is built, I’ve had the outlet installed “upside down” and will be hanging the charging unit above the outlet instead of below. (Like the second installation picture in the Tesla Shop product description.)

That's a 30 amp 240 volt circuit, and you'll be able to get 24A continuous charge out of it. In any case, I'll be interested in how your HPWC gets set up. I assume you are the person who came up with the 2(30A) terminology. Yes it's my untrained terminology

Even someone with 30 years experience can make mistakes. EVs are a newfangled thing and I think there are at least some electricians who don't realize they are considered continuous loads, or just don't care. The Tesla wall charger unit came in and it said it takes 60A. My master electrician installed 5+ Gen 3 already so he knows what he's doing. I trust him

Upvote 0