Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cable organizer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do I need to order this or something like it?

It's the cable organizer from the Tesla shop. I ask because I'm expecting delivery soon and not sure if the standard charging cable that comes with the Model S comes with something like this.

I could get this or just drill a short post into the wall to hang the wire on. Really don't want the loose cable hanging out on the floor.

Any other suggestions?

Tesla — Cable Organizer

Other options :cool:

Organize your UMC: Controller Wall Bracket

upload_2017-3-5_20-58-24.png

Reactions: rahs
We just had our NEMA 14-50 installed and decided to get the Tesla cable organizer. When I found out my husband ordered our Tesla I ordered their leather fob holder for myself as our SC/showroom didn't have it and I liked the look. Shipping was kind of expensive for what it was, so with the Organizer we found two of our SCs had it instock and just picked it up when in the area. It's a nice design and liked that it has a place to hold the nozzle and a place to loop the cable on. Haven't mounted yet but we'll set ours up probably to the immediate right of our outlet. The outlet is about 4 feet off the ground to meet code here. We have the stud marked already, just waiting til we have the car and the UMC set on hand to play with the placement. There are just two screws for the mounting bracket and the rest of the organizer slips down onto the bracket securely.

There's a show off your garage thread that's fun to look through to see what others have done.

Reactions: rahs
It is amusing how the left side image deliberately makes the Tesla product look as bad as possible: unused electrical outlet added for clutter, other outlet cover plate is crooked, extra cable left on floor in disarray when it could be neatly coiled around the Tesla cable organizer as it was designed for.

Also amusing is how the cable is arranged in the right side image: the loops of cable are placed in back of the initial section of cable so that to uncoil the "business end" of the cable to use it you would have to pass it underneath and behind the first section. Whoever arranged that shot failed to notice that the way the cable is coiled up makes no sense.

By the way... the product shown at Meet Valet appears to be a long way from becoming something you can buy. Their website says that they just launched their Kickstarter campaign. So the product doesn't exist yet.

Yep, I checked it out - seemed a little strange and saw that they just launched their kickstarter thing.

Ended up going with the standard Tesla Organizer. Thanks for the help.

Yep, I checked it out - seemed a little strange and saw that they just launched their kickstarter thing.
Ended up going with the standard Tesla Organizer. Thanks for the help.

Wow. That looks really awkward to use. Why would you design something in which you coil the cord behind the UMC.
The Tesla version looks much more practical. This one doesn't provide any support for the UMC.

I agree ... the cord should really be coiled in front of the UMC to be practical. No affiliation :cool:

Do I need to order this or something like it?

It's the cable organizer from the Tesla shop. I ask because I'm expecting delivery soon and not sure if the standard charging cable that comes with the Model S comes with something like this.

I could get this or just drill a short post into the wall to hang the wire on. Really don't want the loose cable hanging out on the floor.

Any other suggestions?

Tesla — Cable Organizer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J3CGIAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1