Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cables included in European version of S 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I will be purchasing a second hand Model S 85D (2015) next week in Holland... not a CPO but from a independent reseller. They told me that a charging cable is included in the car. I have a couple of questions on this that maybe an European 85D owner can answer.

- Exactly what cable should I expect to be included?
- I was today in a official Tesla selling point in Madrid. They showed me the 2017 model S and I found it comes with 2 cables. A Blue Mennekes cable, and a bag with a Shuko setup cable. Where both cables included in 85D?
- Any checks I should do regarding cable handling, problems, ... even how to check the battery degradation check that you would advise?

Thanks!

My car is from 2015. In Belgium we received back then the standard UMC from tesla that came with the schuko connector and the red European one which allows three phases for up to 22kW fast charging. The blue mennekes cable was not standard but I indeed bought it as it is mandatory with most public chargers. Also in Netherlands.
For the battery degradation mine at 95k km charge at 100% up to 376km which means around 5% loss. This seems to be the normal loss.
You will still be covered for another 5 years normally on the battery so not much to worry about. But do ask the actual warranty, some cpo with high mileage have a shorter warranty.
There is on this forum a section for Belgian and Dutch owners, maybe ask your question there if not already done so.

Congratulations on your new car!

• Helpful
Reactions: TesRadionics