TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cadillac Boss Confirms All Electric Caddy on the Way

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Robert1969, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Robert1969

Robert1969 Member

Reuters.

2. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

Good to see another American car company charging ahead with pure EV offerings as Tesla leads the way.

3. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

When they start talking more about the car, it'll be interesting to see if Cadillac is thinking of this as a California / compliance car (build 3k / year and done), or if this is widely available.

My view of these various EV announcements - they count when the intent and delivery is widespread. They're marketing noise when the cars are only available in compliance states and compliance quantities.

4. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

" yeah, we will make one some day" is vaporware.

X estimated sale date and X estimated EPA range and estimated X MSRP makes it worth discussing.

And of course will they have enough battery capacity to make it widely available or is this a test run/compliance car to see if they will make it a mass market widely available car for gen 2.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I would be very interested even if it was Volt-like but with at least 100 miles electric range.