Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cadillac ELR compared to the Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
t81.jpg

I'd be impressed by this If I hadn't seen thas:

TeslaModelX2.jpg

BMW i8 is obsolete already.

The entire post seems like a purchase justification. Why the need to point out that the Model S is a dangerous to refuel car (wrong) and doesn't suit anyone for a daily driver (also wrong) here is odd.

The author fails to mention a truly damning aspect of the Model S: because I never take it to a gas station, I have to wash the car windows at home. I'm so glad he warned us about the dangers of charging stations and reminding us all of how helpful and well-mannered those nice young gas station attendants are:
Service-Station-Man-Pumping-Gas.jpg

The entire post seems like a purchase justification. Why the need to point out that the Model S is a dangerous to refuel car (wrong) and doesn't suit anyone for a daily driver (also wrong) here is odd.

Yeah, sounds like he's trying desperately to somehow prop up the ELR market by using argument after argument against the MS that has proven to be false or misleading.

@Lithium, your statement that it has become "commonplace" fir criminals to rob EV owners while they are charging away from home is demonstrably untrue based on the fact that every day thousands of EV owners across America charge away from home and so far there is one news report of a crime being committed at a charging station, far fewer than crimes committed at gas stations.

So although your post may have set a TMC record for length, it may also have set a record for number of falsehoods and inaccuracies. Others have already rebutted many of the points you made, I will only note that the ELR has been a dismal failure in the marketplace while the Model S has been a resounding success. The i3 without a REX is a decent city EV, if a spectacularly unattractive one, while the i8 is simply not an EV and is aimed at a very different niche car market: people who want an over-the-top appearance, don't care about useful vehicle carrying capacity, and may want to feel a bit "green" but still need to hear a noisy ICE engine so BMW thoughtfully piped in artificial engine sounds into the cabin.

Would a moderator please reinstate my post; "Cadillac ELR Verses Tesla S – Just The Straight Facts" on the Electric Forum - for reasons unknown, they buried it in this thread rather than leave it where it was originally posted!

Thank You

Would a moderator please reinstate my post; "Cadillac ELR Verses Tesla S – Just The Straight Facts" on the Electric Forum

You should consider editing the title of your post so that it sounds less like a poem -- "Verses" -- and more like a comparison -- "Versus".

It does make sense to place your post in this topic, since your post is exactly in line with what this topic is discussing.

After the first several paragraphs, more than enough to realize how slanted, misleading and pathetic the arguments were, I merely skimmed. But this caught my eye: vinyl. Vinyl? Really? I'm pretty sure the standard interior is textile -- and from owner reports I've read they really like the material, many as much or better than leather. But, unless the textile really is a vinyl-like material, this is merely one inaccuracy (or, falsehood; obfuscation; etc) and who's got the time to refute 95% of the sentences.

There *IS* of course a problem with all fully electric cars -- you *STILL* have to visit a gas station periodically to maintain tire pressure, just like in any other vehicle. Arrghghg.

Anyway nice try, Lithium. Good pictures -- I haven't seen the white pre-production S since visiting the factory at Fremont. If you look closely at the left rear quarter panel, you can see the initial "gasoline filler" type circular door for the charge cord, completely changed and much improved on every production S.

So far no one has come up with the reason for hiding my post in another authors thread

if you haven't noticed the introduction of Tesla we talk about early models and it was put there for comparison - You do know what a current model looks like correct?

Would a moderator please fix my post!

Thanks

It seems like a logical place to me, I'm not sure it is different enough from this thread to warrant a separate thread. I would never have even seen your post if it were not put here since I'm subscribed here and would not have gone looking for it otherwise. Your post is just additional information regarding a topic that has already been active. Thanks for sharing your view. I'm glad I got a chance to read it.

So far no one has come up with the reason for hiding my post in another authors thread

if you haven't noticed the introduction of Tesla we talk about early models and it was put there for comparison - You do know what a current model looks like correct?

Thanks

The decision has been made. Time to move on.

You could address the many errors and misstatements in your article that people have brought up.

Thanks
@dsm363 has addressed your concern already. You are new to these forums, so you may not know that it is standard practice across the entire TMC site to consolidate related discussions into a single thread. Members should only start a new thread when there is no suitable existing thread. In this case, as @ecarfan points out, your post fits directly into this discussion.

The decision has been made. Time to move on.

You could address the many errors and misstatements in your article that people have brought up.

Let me just say that I'm sure the powers to be on this forum will soon abolish my user-ship to silent any opposing views regarding this matter!

I would be happy to address any questions or concerns if you would kindly move my post back to the original area - You reasons for hiding my thread is clear because there are many valid points that concerns Tesla owners, so rather than address the issues, you choose to avoid them by hiding my post in the middle of another persons thread. This is supposed to be an "Open Forum" where electric car owners can discuss different views. Your actions only show there is true merit in my article, and that the moderators of this forum choose to blindfold themselves.

Step up to the plate and quit hiding behind your moderator badge, put the thread where it belongs, quit hiding facts! If you think for a minute you'll suppress this article you are badly mistaken!

Let me just say that I'm sure the powers to be on this forum will soon abolish my user-ship to silent any opposing views regarding this matter!

I would be happy to address any questions or concerns if you would kindly move my post back to the original area - You reasons for hiding my thread is clear because there are many valid points that concerns Tesla owners, so rather than address the issues, you choose to avoid them by hiding my post in the middle of another persons thread. This is supposed to be an "Open Forum" where electric car owners can discuss different views. Your actions only show there is true merit in my article, and that the moderators of this forum choose to blindfold themselves.

Step up to the plate and quit hiding behind your moderator badge, put the thread where it belongs, quit hiding facts! If you think for a minute you'll suppress this article you are badly mistaken!

Ummm....really? You've had maybe 6 people comment and point out errors and you refuse to address them. We are not hiding behind anything and we don't ban people for opposing views. Our actions don't show your arricle has any merit. I think the fact you seem unable to refute any criticisms of your 'facts' says more about its validity.

The question was asked do you work for GM in any fashion? How is anything being hidden? People are seeing your points and trying to address them. You seem to not be able to or willing to address them.

Why did you make the Model S a 4 seater (adding executive rear seating) and add $2,250 for twin chargers and HPWC when the 85 is a 5 seater normally? Does the ELR charge at 80A? If not, why did you include that in the Model S base price in the head to head price comparison? That only served to drive up the base price to make your comparison seem better.

Last edited:
If you think for a minute you'll suppress this article you are badly mistaken!

You are "sure" of a lot of things that are demonstrably untrue, as several people have pointed out today.

No one has "suppressed" your post. Look at all the discussion it has stimulated in just a few hours.

You are being treated the same way as everyone else, the moderators have done nothing wrong.

Now it's time for you to respond to the many critiques of your post instead of complaining about which topic your post is in, a topic with a subject line that expresses the same meaning as the subject line you gave to your post, ignoring one of the words you used of course ("Verses").