TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cadillac ELR-V High Performance Version Coming in 2015???

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by jamtek, May 16, 2014.

1. jamtek

jamtek Member

2. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

As the autoblog article states there is very little chance of a full blown V version maybe a Vsport; which is their nomenclature for tuning between a regular Cadillac and a V tuned high performance version.

3. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

This is awesome news, and I hope it comes to fruition. The more EVs the better, IMHO.

4. jamtek

jamtek Member

Agreed. Have to admit I saw a current ELR on the showroom floor of my local Cadillac dealer and it was beautiful. Fit and finish was superb. It looked like a piece of jewelry siting there. But, looks are one thing and performance is another. Still love my Model S best!

As an aside the dealer told me he just delivered a new ELR to Rich Miner, co-founder of Android. :scared:

5. AC1K

AC1K Member

did anyone else notice the teeny tiny rear single piston brake caliper on the back?

they really need to step up their game since caddy's own CTS-V destroys the ELR in performance for 10K cheaper.

it would be a favorable car if they could put in dual 200W motor setup, AWD, no gas, 60-70kWh battery

6. TSLAMTRS

TSLAMTRS Member

It's a nice looking car but the performance isn't up to par with its price.

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

My Corvette (I only ICE on the track) has a single piston rear caliper. Big deal, the front is where most of the braking is done.

But yes, the CTS-V is very impressive on the track. Seriously FAST. The ELR handles decently but is lame in comparison.

The real problem here is the price point.