Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cadillac ELR-V High Performance Version Coming in 2015???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cadillac-elr-v-spy-1-1.jpg

Just read that Cadillac is testing a "high-performance" version of their ELR...maybe the 2015 ELR "V" ???

Check it out...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/05/cadillac-possibly-developing-higher-performance-elr/

Spy pics here...

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/cadillac-elr-v-spy-shots/med/#photo-2613254/#photo-2613254/

I smiled when I read it was photographed running along side of a Model S...The gold standard of electric car performance :biggrin:

This is awesome news, and I hope it comes to fruition. The more EVs the better, IMHO.

Agreed. Have to admit I saw a current ELR on the showroom floor of my local Cadillac dealer and it was beautiful. Fit and finish was superb. It looked like a piece of jewelry siting there. But, looks are one thing and performance is another. Still love my Model S best!

As an aside the dealer told me he just delivered a new ELR to Rich Miner, co-founder of Android. :scared:

did anyone else notice the teeny tiny rear single piston brake caliper on the back?

they really need to step up their game since caddy's own CTS-V destroys the ELR in performance for 10K cheaper.

it would be a favorable car if they could put in dual 200W motor setup, AWD, no gas, 60-70kWh battery

did anyone else notice the teeny tiny rear single piston brake caliper on the back?

they really need to step up their game since caddy's own CTS-V destroys the ELR in performance for 10K cheaper.

it would be a favorable car if they could put in dual 200W motor setup, AWD, no gas, 60-70kWh battery

My Corvette (I only ICE on the track) has a single piston rear caliper. Big deal, the front is where most of the braking is done.

But yes, the CTS-V is very impressive on the track. Seriously FAST. The ELR handles decently but is lame in comparison.

The real problem here is the price point.