TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cadillac ELR-V High Performance Version Coming in 2015???

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by jamtek, May 16, 2014.

1. jamtek

jamtek Member

2. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

As the autoblog article states there is very little chance of a full blown V version maybe a Vsport; which is their nomenclature for tuning between a regular Cadillac and a V tuned high performance version.

3. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

This is awesome news, and I hope it comes to fruition. The more EVs the better, IMHO.

4. jamtek

jamtek Member

Agreed. Have to admit I saw a current ELR on the showroom floor of my local Cadillac dealer and it was beautiful. Fit and finish was superb. It looked like a piece of jewelry siting there. But, looks are one thing and performance is another. Still love my Model S best!

As an aside the dealer told me he just delivered a new ELR to Rich Miner, co-founder of Android. :scared:

5. AC1K

AC1K Member

did anyone else notice the teeny tiny rear single piston brake caliper on the back?

they really need to step up their game since caddy's own CTS-V destroys the ELR in performance for 10K cheaper.

it would be a favorable car if they could put in dual 200W motor setup, AWD, no gas, 60-70kWh battery

6. TSLAMTRS

TSLAMTRS Member

It's a nice looking car but the performance isn't up to par with its price.

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

My Corvette (I only ICE on the track) has a single piston rear caliper. Big deal, the front is where most of the braking is done.

But yes, the CTS-V is very impressive on the track. Seriously FAST. The ELR handles decently but is lame in comparison.

The real problem here is the price point.