Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Cadillac Introduces Luxury Electric SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The Cadillac LYRIC electric luxury crossover was debuted by the automaker Thursday.

The LYRIQ is based on GM’s next-generation, modular electric vehicle platform, expected to offer “beyond 300 miles of range on a full charge,” according to a release. The vehicle will be offered in rear-wheel drive and performance all-wheel drive configurations.

The LYRIQ is expected to go on sale late in 2022. Cadillac is calling the vehicle it debuted a “show car,” which suggests the production version will not be the same.

“Led by LYRIQ, Cadillac will redefine American luxury over the next decade with a new portfolio of transformative EVs,” Steve Carlisle, executive vice president and president, GM North America said in a release. “We will deliver experiences that engage the senses, anticipate desires and enable our customers to go on extraordinary journeys.”

Cadillac-LYRIQ-026-1024x660.jpg

Cadillac-LYRIQ-001-1-1024x682.jpg

The LYRIQ is powered by GM’s new Ultium battery system, which offers “approximately 100 kilowatt-hours,” according to a release. LYRIQ offers DC fast charging at rates over 150 kW.

A unique feature of the interior is a 33-inch-diagonal LED screen that spans the viewing area for the driver and incorporates driver information details, infotainment controls and camera views. GM says the new display has the highest pixel density available in the automotive industry.

Check out Cadillac’s livestream of the unveiling above.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be interesting to see:
celestiq.jpg

The Cadillac Celestiq will be north of $200k, custom built at 1.2 cars a day, have roughly 1000hp, and the 3rd gen Super Cruise "Ultra Cruise". Target is the Rolls, Bentley, Maybach buyer who is "woke" and rides in the back seat.

You can bet hard money that Tesla will not be able to touch the luxury and build quality of this car.

Most people charge at home, and for those who travel, 150 kW charging is more than enough. I will remind you Tesla koolaid drinkers (used to be me, too) that you've spend over 5 years telling your friends and family that 120 kW was plenty fast and that charging AT HOME was the game-changer versus ICE.

For someone like me who doesn't give a crap about superchargers, but values quality and service competence, this car is going to be a killer machine.

You can bet hard money that Tesla will not be able to touch the luxury and build quality of this car.

Most people charge at home, and for those who travel, 150 kW charging is more than enough. I will remind you Tesla koolaid drinkers (used to be me, too) that you've spend over 5 years telling your friends and family that 120 kW was plenty fast and that charging AT HOME was the game-changer versus ICE.

For someone like me who doesn't give a crap about superchargers, but values quality and service competence, this car is going to be a killer machine.

Some people dont understand that there is more to a car than just Over the Air Updates and Fart sounds.

Although the Model S could be on par if Tesla just paid attention to quality control

Last edited:

It is north of $200,000 I do not believe that it will kill Tesla...

The Cadillac Celestiq will be north of $200k, custom built at 1.2 cars a day, have roughly 1000hp, and the 3rd gen Super Cruise "Ultra Cruise".

I wonder if that Ultra Cruise will function on most highways? Because right now the nearest Super Cruise compatible highway is about 60 miles east from my home, and if I'm going any other direction I can just forget it.

Target is the Rolls, Bentley, Maybach buyer who is "woke" and rides in the back seat.

Uhh… "Woke?" Can somebody translate that into Texan?

I wonder if that Ultra Cruise will function on most highways? Because right now the nearest Super Cruise compatible highway is about 60 miles east from my home, and if I'm going any other direction I can just forget it.

Uhh… "Woke?" Can somebody translate that into Texan?

Super Cruise goes on all the interstate freeways, state freeways, in the US and also some state controlled-access highways. We tried FSD (latest) on the Tesla on state non-controlled access roads for ~500 miles in Utah/Arizona. It is not something that works correctly. So I've actually driven both of those systems. And about 5 other autosteering systems that are on the market today.

However, Ultra Cruise is 3rd gen and Super Cruise as it sits is first gen. At least it's not permanently beta.

Woke - Virtue Signaling. You use your EV to take you to your yacht or private jets so you can attend a Save The Whales banquet in Tahiti. Your ship and airliner run off whale oil. Ironically you find the Save The Whales is actually a benefit honoring Michael Moore.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cab and BlindPass
Super Cruise goes on all the interstate freeways, state freeways, in the US and also some state controlled-access highways.

So, basically, on about two percent of the highways that I actually drive. How is that even remotely acceptable? How is that even useful? I could cruise US 281 all the way from Mexico to Canada and encounter only a few brief stretches (where 281 conjoins with an interstate) where Super Cruise can even activate.

We tried FSD (latest) on the Tesla on state non-controlled access roads for ~500 miles in Utah/Arizona. It is not something that works correctly.

I don't have FSD, but during the past few months I've used Advanced Autopilot on two-lane state highways, 2½ lane highways (with alternating passing lanes), and farm-to-market roads. It works Just Fine for me, nearly everywhere.

My only real gripe has been that when it comes to the beginning of a passing lane, it wobbles drunkenly before deciding which lane to take. That's a bit disconcerting and seems like a good way to give any passenger car sickness. But if the choice is between that or a system that can't function on those highways at all, yeah, I'll take Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: tierneyalvin
So, basically, on about two percent of the highways that I actually drive. How is that even remotely acceptable? How is that even useful? I could cruise US 281 all the way from Mexico to Canada and encounter only a few brief stretches (where 281 conjoins with an interstate) where Super Cruise can even activate.

I don't have FSD, but during the past few months I've used Advanced Autopilot on two-lane state highways, 2½ lane highways (with alternating passing lanes), and farm-to-market roads. It works Just Fine for me, nearly everywhere.

My only real gripe has been that when it comes to the beginning of a passing lane, it wobbles drunkenly before deciding which lane to take. That's a bit disconcerting and seems like a good way to give any passenger car sickness. But if the choice is between that or a system that can't function on those highways at all, yeah, I'll take Tesla.

Don't know what to say. None of my commute or driving is hands-free in a Tesla. So 0% coverage.

That 'wobbling drunkenly' exhibited by AP/FSD nearly nailed an MC last week. It has broken the traffic laws many times for me. Each time I use it. And regardless of what you read on this forum, when it nails the brakes for no reason, IT IS THE BRAKES, that is, it's the front brakes. Don't let anyone con you. Tesla's only have <70kW regen at freeway speeds. That's like lifting on a manual V8 sportscar in 4th. The Tesla phantom braking is WAY past 200kW regen and you can feel weight transfer.

The Tesla AP has far more phantom braking events than any other car I've tested or owned.