Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calculating the Model 3 Canadian prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It should be just a straight PST/HST tax at the (roughly) current USD/CAD conversion rate. The X/S have the batteries sourced in Japan, so they are forced an additional 6.1% tarrif, but the 3 should not have this as >70% of the vehicle is made from North American parts and should be excluded under NAFTA provisions. Include ~$1000 destination fees. Subtract any relevant utility/municipal/provincial/federal (Wishful thinking) rebates/tax credits.

There's still going to be a few grand on top of currency.

Basically if you want a stripper (smaller battery, no options, no autopilot, rwd) its going to be about $48,000 cdn+ HST...and if you want to one loaded with nice seats, premium interior, autopilot, big battery and dual motor awd, it will be about $87,500+HST

Apparently the Hubble telescope can see the lineup at tesla headquarters of people cancelling their Model 3 reservations from space. :)

There's still going to be a few grand on top of currency.

Basically if you want a stripper (smaller battery, no options, no autopilot, rwd) its going to be about $48,000 cdn+ HST...and if you want to one loaded with nice seats, premium interior, autopilot, big battery and dual motor awd, it will be about $87,500+HST

Apparently the Hubble telescope can see the lineup at tesla headquarters of people cancelling their Model 3 reservations from space. :)
Don't know why there would be an extra few grand on top of currency.

$35000 USD ($1CDN = $0.80 today) so about $43750 for bare bones M3 + $1300 CDN freight PDI. Model S and X freight and PDI are currently $1300.

Bare bones M3 will cost $45000CDN

Long range battery $56000CDN

PUP $6300CDN

19" wheels $1900CDN

AP2 EAP$6300CDN

FSD $3900CDN

Paint colours other than black $1300

Dual motors $6500CDN (based on current difference between S75 and S75D pricing of $7100).

Performance version?...whatever Elon wants to charge? The Ludicrous upgrade when available separately was $12100CDN for the P90DL S and X. I'm estimating it would be $25000CDN for P and L.

I believe a fully loaded Model 3 will top out at about $107500CDN at todays exchange rate if you check all the boxes (before taxes and rebates).

I've got two reservations for Model 3's, but I'll stick with my non-performance Model S if it is over $100K for a 3. I'm waiting for a major refresh before trading in my S90D that is hopefully coming in the next year or two.

With another projected 0.25% BoC interest rate hike and possibly having the CDN $1.00 strengthen to $0.85USD by the end of the year, we might have a fully loaded long range P&DL Model 3 sneaking in at $100K CDN.

Last edited:
If a top loaded M3 comes in at around 100k, I think I'd rather wait for a depreciated P90/P100D for slightly more $ and have range and supercar performance all rolled into one. Just saying :)

I must note that when the C$ was falling Tesla did their best to delay the price adjustments.

Also, our deposit was C$1000 instead of the equivalent of US$1000.

So it might not be necessarily true that Tesla will screw us.

Not sure if this was already mentioned elsewhere, but the delivery estimate FAQ (before they removed it), listed the Canadian price for standard as $35,000 and the long range as $49,000. Obviously this isn't set in stone, but a great sign nonetheless.
It always added usd to the prices. Tesla is the fairest of car companies. They try to keep our car priced as close the USA as possible. Bad when our dollar is low, but if our dollar keeps rising for another year could work out very well for us! Maybe $34k cad if we get above par! lol. the Unfortunately, the new government may rescind the rebate before we get our cars which would suck for us, but be good for the province. To clarify, getting our finances in order would be the good part. Not eliminating one nice program.

It always added usd to the prices. Tesla is the fairest of car companies. They try to keep our car priced as close the USA as possible. Bad when our dollar is low, but if our dollar keeps rising for another year could work out very well for us! Maybe $34k cad if we get above par! lol. the Unfortunately, the new government may rescind the rebate before we get our cars which would suck for us, but be good for the province. To clarify, getting our finances in order would be the good part. Not eliminating one nice program.
Wholeheartedly agree, I'm willing to take the chance that i will not get my Ontario ev rebate.