Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calculation of self-powered statistics in app [in time based cost saving mode]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering how the self-powered percentages in the app are being calculated.

I am using the time-based cost saving setting with peak hours from 3pm to 12am.

On days where the power flow graphs show that all power consumption during that time came from solar and Powerwall, with no consumption coming from the grid, I would expect my self-powered percentage to be 100% for peak times. However, the self-powered performance graph shows that it’s 79% (78% Powerwall and 1% Solar) for peak time.

It’s impossible that I consumed 21% from the grid so I am thinking the calculation is off. It should be 100% or very close to that.

I am wondering how the self-powered percentages in the app are being calculated.

I am using the time-based cost saving setting with peak hours from 3pm to 12am.

On days where the power flow graphs show that all power consumption during that time came from solar and Powerwall, with no consumption coming from the grid, I would expect my self-powered percentage to be 100% for peak times. However, the self-powered performance graph shows that it’s 79% (78% Powerwall and 1% Solar) for peak time.

It’s impossible that I consumed 21% from the grid so I am thinking the calculation is off. It should be 100% or very close to that.
It’s my understanding it’s taking in account all the energy you used in 24hrs not just during your peak hours. So I’m assuming 21% of your power came from the grid in the 24hr period from your example.

• Informative
Reactions: Ampster
(moderator note: I edited the thread title a bit. "calculation of self powered in app" sounds like you are asking about the self powered setting in the app to me. This could be because I use the self powered mode, and not time based modes.)