TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Calendar not syncing on iPhone

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ElectricAvenue, May 25, 2017.

1. ElectricAvenue

#1 ElectricAvenue, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    For some reason my Calendar on my iPhone is not syncing with the car.
    It was working fine before, I have checked all settings and they look good.
    I am getting the message "Enable calendar access"
    Any advice?

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Open the tesla app..
    Make sure Bluetooth is on.
    Should sync

3. BrettS

BrettS Member

Oh the iPhone go to Settings (the iPhone settings, not the tesla app settings), then Privacy, then Calendars and make sure it's turned on for Tesla.

4. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

The Tesla App on the I-Phone must be signed in with the Calendar Sync turned on -- This is in the "settings" icon. Also the phone must be connected via Bluetooth to the Tesla. In the Calendar App settings (Settings, Apps, Calendar) make sure the settings for notification is on for Morning and Evening. If the setting is "Never" it will not sync to the Calendar function. The complete instructions are in the Software manual in your X.

• Helpful x 1
  5. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Also make sure you enable Background App Refresh for the Tesla app. You can find this in your iPhone Settings/General/Background App Refresh

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I have the new iPhone X and now my calendar won’t sync. Tried just about everything I could read on the forums.

Are there any other iPhone X users who have the calendar function working on their Tesla?

7. JPP

JPP Active Member

Yup. Works perfectly with both my wife's and my iPhone X on our Ses. Note that BT is however a bit flaky. Occasionally for incoming or outgoing calls, the call does not route through the car's BT, and even if you try to select it on the iPhone, it never connects. I usually switch BT off on the iPhone, then back on, and all is good. BTW, this is not an iPhone X issue, but has been an issue since day 1 with 3 generations of iPhones and many iOS generations.

8. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I use this feature all the time and must admit it's a bit flakey. Sometimes it works right off the bat and other times I have to go through various sequences to get it to connect. You might try in this order:
    • disconnecting the phone
    • diabling bluetooth
    • closing the Tesla app
    • Enabling BT
    • Starting Tesla app
    • Connecting the phone vi bt to the car
    • Accessing the calendar again
    YMMV and I can still have issues sometimes with both iphones and android phones

9. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

I don't have an I phone; however, on the Android, you have to give the phone authorization for the calendar to transfer as well as turning calendar on in the Tesla App. I had to re-pair my phone yesterday and went through the process on the car, phone and app. All is working.

Hope that helps. BTW, sometimes the entry does not auto present on the Tesla center screen -- I just touch "Calendar" and it appears.

10. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

FYI I tried a fix recommended on another thread and it worked! I had done virtually every other trick to troubleshoot the calendar issue then I ended up deleting the Tesla app, power cycling the phone and RE-installing the app. Sync worked like a charm!

• Informative x 1