Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calendar not syncing on iPhone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla App on the I-Phone must be signed in with the Calendar Sync turned on -- This is in the "settings" icon. Also the phone must be connected via Bluetooth to the Tesla. In the Calendar App settings (Settings, Apps, Calendar) make sure the settings for notification is on for Morning and Evening. If the setting is "Never" it will not sync to the Calendar function. The complete instructions are in the Software manual in your X.

• Helpful
Reactions: ironwaffle
I have the new iPhone X and now my calendar won’t sync. Tried just about everything I could read on the forums.

Are there any other iPhone X users who have the calendar function working on their Tesla?

Yup. Works perfectly with both my wife's and my iPhone X on our Ses. Note that BT is however a bit flaky. Occasionally for incoming or outgoing calls, the call does not route through the car's BT, and even if you try to select it on the iPhone, it never connects. I usually switch BT off on the iPhone, then back on, and all is good. BTW, this is not an iPhone X issue, but has been an issue since day 1 with 3 generations of iPhones and many iOS generations.

I use this feature all the time and must admit it's a bit flakey. Sometimes it works right off the bat and other times I have to go through various sequences to get it to connect. You might try in this order:
  • disconnecting the phone
  • diabling bluetooth
  • closing the Tesla app
  • Enabling BT
  • Starting Tesla app
  • Connecting the phone vi bt to the car
  • Accessing the calendar again
YMMV and I can still have issues sometimes with both iphones and android phones

I don't have an I phone; however, on the Android, you have to give the phone authorization for the calendar to transfer as well as turning calendar on in the Tesla App. I had to re-pair my phone yesterday and went through the process on the car, phone and app. All is working.

Hope that helps. BTW, sometimes the entry does not auto present on the Tesla center screen -- I just touch "Calendar" and it appears.

I have the new iPhone X and now my calendar won’t sync. Tried just about everything I could read on the forums.

Are there any other iPhone X users who have the calendar function working on their Tesla?
FYI I tried a fix recommended on another thread and it worked! I had done virtually every other trick to troubleshoot the calendar issue then I ended up deleting the Tesla app, power cycling the phone and RE-installing the app. Sync worked like a charm!

• Informative
Reactions: ironwaffle
When I purchased the a new iphone the calendar upload stopped working. I tried everything recommended and only thing that worked was to uninstall the Tesla application in my new iphone 12 pro max and reinstall. Hope this helps.