Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calendar not syncing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
iPhone 13, iOS 15.6.1... 2013 Model S, P85, 2022.8.10.1

Calendar has been working great for years. Just got stuck on a calendar item and no longer updates / syncs with iPhone. I’ve deleted that calendar item, have the Tesla app running, uninstalled/reinstalled the Tesla App, checked the app settings and confirmed calendar access is permitted, deleted/reestablished Bluetooth connection, and have rebooted phone and car multiple times.

The car 'sees' the iPhone, can make/receive calls, and can send/receive messages... so the car definitely sees the phone, but the same (now deleted) calendar item continues to display, while all my current calendar items fail to show.

Any other suggestions to get my Tesla calendar display unstuck?

I am having a similar issue…this is the message I get. iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 16. 2021 Model S running 2022.24.8.
I have reset the car, reset the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked the calendar settings…no dice.
66D2FE8A-4717-4AAE-8E44-2BC2EAAA72F2.jpeg

Reactions: flashflood
Yeah. Thanks. I am logged in. Calendar enabled in Tesla app and iPhone settings.
Based on your screenshot, the car doesn't think you're signed in to the app on "Jared's iPhone." Don't know why it says that when you're actually signed in, I've not seen that before. Did you try what I suggested in my first response to the OP, i.e., opening the app while you're sitting in the car?

iPhone 13, iOS 15.6.1... 2013 Model S, P85, 2022.8.10.1

Calendar has been working great for years. Just got stuck on a calendar item and no longer updates / syncs with iPhone. I’ve deleted that calendar item, have the Tesla app running, uninstalled/reinstalled the Tesla App, checked the app settings and confirmed calendar access is permitted, deleted/reestablished Bluetooth connection, and have rebooted phone and car multiple times.

The car 'sees' the iPhone, can make/receive calls, and can send/receive messages... so the car definitely sees the phone, but the same (now deleted) calendar item continues to display, while all my current calendar items fail to show.

Any other suggestions to get my Tesla calendar display unstuck?
Update:

Nothing worked. Seemed like a permanent problem. Two days later, the “stuck” calendar entry went away and it began working again without further effort on my part. Mysterious!

Based on your screenshot, the car doesn't think you're signed in to the app on "Jared's iPhone." Don't know why it says that when you're actually signed in, I've not seen that before. Did you try what I suggested in my first response to the OP, i.e., opening the app while you're sitting in the car?
yes, tried rebooting the car, the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, toggled calendar on and off.

yes, tried rebooting the car, the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, toggled calendar on and off.
Those are all good steps, but what I suggested was opening the Tesla app while you’re in the car, because that often fixes calendar sync issues for me.

Also, note that calendar sync works differently from contact/call log syncing. The mobile app sends calendar data to your car via the Tesla server, but contacts and call logs are synced directly with the car via Bluetooth. That means server connectivity issues in the app can impact calendar syncing. For example, enabling cellular data on your phone for the Tesla app can help with certain app issues.

Those are all good steps, but what I suggested was opening the Tesla app while you’re in the car, because that often fixes calendar sync issues for me.

Also, note that calendar sync works differently from contact/call log syncing. The mobile app sends calendar data to your car via the Tesla server, but contacts and call logs are synced directly with the car via Bluetooth. That means server connectivity issues in the app can impact calendar syncing. For example, enabling cellular data on your phone for the Tesla app can help with certain app issues.
yes, tried this. Tesla coming out tomorrow.

Just had Tesla tech at my house...he was able to log into the Tesla app as me on his android phone and get the calendar up. So, it's not a Tesla issue. I think the beta profile messed it up. Will know tomorrow with a new iPhone and will test my wife's iPhone with iOS 16 (never had beta profile).