Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calendar sync no longer working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 7.1 calendar sync is no longer working. Android 4.4.4, no change since before I bought the car. I haven't yet tried re-pairing (I shouldn't have to). It does still make a Bluetooth connection and phone calls still work.

I don't know how they managed to break this, I didn't think they were even doing any work in that area.

Does Tesla have a public bug database?

I was just going to post to see if anyone else has this problem.

I believe it occurred after the last app update. But since I don't use the feature that often, I can't be sure if it was the app or the last 7.1 incremental update.

OP, there is no public bug database. Problems should be reported to your SC or [email protected]

FWIW and not rubbing it in -- simply for contrast, the Calendar is working fine on my MS with my iPhone running iOS 9.2.1.

Sure seems like there is an Android-specific bug you've found. I assume you've tried all the normal stuff like rebooting the 17" and your phone. Grasping at straws, but are there any settings in the Android OS specific to calendar that you can check and see if they look right? Otherwise, I'd try emailing Tech Support, call them 877-798-3752 or your SC. Good luck.

I'm not sure it's the most recent app update. I had my calendar work (I believe after the most recent app update) on android, but then this weekend it refused to sync.

I thought maybe it's a problem on Tesla's side, I just ignored it, but I'll wait to see if it happens again or not...

Please tweet your feelings to Elon Musk. I don't think he quite understands how frustrated his customers are getting, and nobody inside the company is probably telling him.
I follow EM on twitter & don't recall many interactions with actual owners discussing bugs or ownership problems & if there were an OTA update was the promised solution.

Many CEO's or their reps use social media to hear complaints or try to resolve problems, EM asked for 7.1 UI suggestions on twitter, that has to be the worst place to gather well thought out lists from actual owners, he could have used his own forums, gone to Reddit or come to TMC if he was serious IMO. Any contact with Jon McNeill? Tesla Adds Jon McNeill as New Head of Global Sales and Service - TESLARATI.com

The *connection* works, in that if I'm looking at the calendar app on the Tesla, and I turn off Calendar sync on my Android, the screen switches from "No events" to "Enable Calendar sync to see events", so at least that element is working. It's just no events are getting synced.

My calendar sync crapped out (Droid 4.4.4), apparently this weekend. Also had LTE installed Friday but doubt it's related. And firmware update last night....reported it to Watertown, MA SC who said this is first they've heard of it....