TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Calendar Sync

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by effinb, May 4, 2018.

1. effinb

effinb Member

I just noticed that Calendar Sync can be enabled in the iOS Tesla app. I'm pretty sure this feature used to be greyed out but I'm not positive and there was just an update to the app today. Was this always selectable or is this indeed new? Still no calendar option in the car OS, but if this is indeed a change in the app, then perhaps it's a sign of an upcoming update.

2. MarkinArch

MarkinArch 1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery

I'm on android but my app has always had the calander option enabled. Like you said though, nothing on the Tesla OS....

3. PLUGZIN

PLUGZIN Member

The show calendar feature has been on my iOS app since M3 delivery on 4/2. But as all have said; there isn’t a calendar option on the M3.

4. effinb

effinb Member

Ok - faulty memory then.

5. dhu1

dhu1 Member

It is for use for those who have a MS or MX. The M3 still lacks the feature.

6. troyhouse

troyhouse Member

Then what does the calendar sync do?

• Like x 1
  7. dhu1

dhu1 Member

It displays your daily calendar appointments. It pulls all the data from your phone calendar and displays it when asked or displays it on first entry of the day (very nice for me since I commute and it displays my full days schedule when I first get in my car in the morning).

8. majcina

majcina Member

The calendar sync also brings in any address data in calendar events. On Model S or X, it’s a handy way to quickly navigate to your destination. When you touch the calendar event, the location pops up on the map, and you can touch the navigate button. Voila.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  9. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I really wish they do this for the 3 soon as well. I rented a car that had Apple Carplay and the calendar sync was the only feature I miss from it. It is especially great when you have multiple appointments at different locations throughout the day.

• Love x 1
  10. Brentt

Brentt Member

I found the calendar icon on the screen, and can sync it to my phone, but at this time, it doesn't appear to be functional.
    I have version 2018.16.1cbe3dea
    To access the calendar icon, place the car in park but not charging, put your foot on the brake. At the top right of the screen will be the passenger airbag icon. Click on it, and it will bring up a menu with the choice of either navigation or calendar app.

11. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

That menu isn’t supposed to be there. You can turn on auto presenting door handles from there too :)

12. SigNC

SigNC Member

Anybody had issues with this after recent updates? Mine tells me my phone doesn't allow calendar access but I have allowed it. iOS 12.1 on iphoneX

13. WallyP

WallyP Member

Works seamlessly for me on my iPhone XS. Best part is you can just tap on any calendar appointments and the nav takes you there.

14. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Mine has worked sporadically with my Pixel 3 since it came out with Version 9. I'm still on 42.3 and haven't gotten any updates in a while. Some days the calendar will pop up, other days it won't. Tesla app has full access

15. minimalist_one

minimalist_one New Member

Just picked up my Model 3 on Friday and I already love this feature. The only thing is that it only displays 2 days of events. Would love to be able to scroll forwards at least a month or so. Does anyone know if this is an adjustable setting? I can't seem to find anything.

16. JES2

JES2 Member

I wish I could get this function to work, but it is one that has never worked for me since day 1 (back in late August). I have been told that the calendar would be able to display your Google calendar, but no luck for me in either case (Apple calendar or Google calendar.) Any idea where we can go for more documentation on this?

17. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Is your Google calendar shown on the iPhone native calendar? My Google calendar shows on the 3.

Try toggling the "Calendar Sync" option off and on again - that works for me when the calendar stops updating occasionally.

18. Need

Need Active Member

It would be nice if the calendar will pop up on the screen for a few seconds when you start the car.

19. SigNC

SigNC Member

it does that when you get in in the morning.

20. Need

Need Active Member

On Model 3? I think it does on our Model X, but I don't remember seeing it lately. On the Model 3, I have never seen it pops up since it was enabled with version 9. It only comes up when I select the Calendar app in the app folder.

• Like x 1