Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calendar - unable to dial Conference numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

I am a brand new owner of Model S (UK Based) and loving the car.

Managed to sync the iphone calendar after a few issues (Didnt sync at first - maybe poor connection)

Now it has synced - I am trying to dial the telephone numbers found in the meeting - and nothing happens....

Tried both clicking on the number in the top listing - but also by going into the notes of the meeting (where our company list multiple country numbers) and selecting those.

The manual implies not only should you be able to call numbers found in the invite but it also implies you can take the Conference ID and enter 'easily'.

But I would settle for actually being about to call out first.

The normal phone works - I can dial out no worries from the phone app to contacts.

But from calendar a box appears - it says 'oubound call' or to 'open the phone app' - but nothing happens on either option.

Anyone managed to get this to work? Would love to use this feature - and I am trying to avoid having to use an iPhone mount on the dashboard and dial direct from the phones native calendar.

So thats the one thing I noticed - it does have a comma at the end.

That said - its still recognising it as a number for you to ring - put it doesnt even attempt to dial out or start the call.

If it started a call then the comma should even matter - it would treat is as a pause.

And if it didnt even recognise it as a number I can understand the phone not starting - as you would have no number to select in first place.

I have the same problem. I have tried several number formats in the calendar and phone book. Simple numbers or numbers with an international prefix (+) will dial out. Numbers using a pause (,) with additional conference ID / extension / PIN numbers or an end character (#) pop up in the calendar as a call but the call is not initiated on the phone.

This is a fairly basic problem where the use of conferencing or extension additions has not been thought through. The whole dial string needs sending to the phone.

Audi had the problem several years ago and BMW have supported it properly for a long time. The phone book has the same problem. How do we get a software change request in ?!

Is there a solution to this?
The bolt can dial a number with a conf ID - Format as above: (xxx)xxx-xxxx,,yyyyyy#

This is pretty basic requirement —> Should be able to go in calendar, pick the number to call and then dial (with the conf. ID).