Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#Calexit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to live in Texas which has a way bigger secession movement than here. It was actually starting to get on the legislative agenda there. So, while I don't agree with secession at all, folks here in CA who want to start a movement might contact the groups in TX who have been building grass roots support for years there.

The TNM

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Owner
image.jpg

California has a far greater impetus than Texas has had. Our state has led the world on so many fronts, think Slicon Valley, Apple, the Movie industry, the rocket industry, Disneyland.........hell, McDonalds. California has and will continue to lead the world. Our state remains on the forefront of fighting climate, electric vehicles, and sustainable energy. It doesn't make sense that we should be held back DENIERS. The time to act is now.

Reactions: Owner and apacheguy
California has a far greater impetus than Texas has had. Our state has led the world on so many fronts, think Slicon Valley, Apple, the Movie industry, the rocket industry, Disneyland.........hell, McDonalds. California has and will continue to lead the world. Our state remains on the forefront of fighting climate, electric vehicles, and sustainable energy. It doesn't make sense that we should be held back DENIERS. The time to act is now.

So, do you think Tesla would move the Fremont factory to the US, or move the Gigafactory to California? I doubt they would operate across the border as they do now - odds are there would be new import/export regulations or tariffs involved.

That would be the dumbest move in the history of California.

leaving the union means they have 0% chance of shaping the future of the US, meaning things could go from bad to worse for them should they leave.

Oregon and Washington are already taking people, work, entertainment industry etc from California, seceeding would accelerate that.

Once complete the only people left would be the industries that can't move for various reasons.

Seceeding from the union because you dont like the president is like jumping ship in the middle of the ocean because you don't like the captain, its basically suicide.

But then again California is the drama capital of the world I think this is all for show.

Critical to the future of mankind is our reaction to climate change. That Donald Trump is a "Science Denier" and intends to overturn the U.S. participation in the Paris Climate Accords portends a bleak future for our children.

We have a Liberal Prime Minister up here, Justin Trudeau, who talks the talk about combating climate change yet it's only talk. We have no federal EV rebate, we still give billions in subsidies to big oil, and our federal government pushes for pipelines over objections from the majority of citizens and most Provincial and local governments.

But we signed onto the Paris Climate Accord.

Fortunately, the President can only do so much. The worse aspect of his Presidency is his appointment(s) to the Supreme Court since that will live on past his presidency. It's a crime that Obama is unlawfully blocked from making the current appointment to replace Scalia who will have been dead for nearly one year when Trump is sworn in. That's well within Obama's elected term, Clinton wins the popular vote by well over a million votes, and Trump gets to replace Scalia? Where's the outrage over that? That's what people should protesting about but you barely even hear it mentioned. Supreme Court decisions have and will affect climate change and the make up of the Court is being stolen by one party! And how do you fight that one legally since the highest court has been made political and would be the one to rule on that issue! That's why you can't mess with the basic principles of the Constitution. The Republican party ought to be ashamed of themselves. How can that party so adamantly fight for an amendment to the constitution on the one hand, while at the same time they completely violate Article Two of the Constitution?

Imagine a train called progress.

Right behind the engine are cars filled with people who embrace the scientific-method and base their belief systems on rational, reason based conclusions.

Behind this are millions of cars filled with people who DENY scientific evidence and base their belief systems on an invisible man in the sky.

Consider how fast the "Train of Progress" would go if we disconnected the all the cars filled with science-deniers,

I'm voting for secession. #Calexit.

You know, Hillary will never win without California. And that rocket industry might get cut in half if the remainder of the U.S. (47-49 other states) doesn't chip in its taxes. Do you really want to live next door to the reddest sovereign state the planet has ever known, or convert it to a purple state?
By the way Jackl1956, nice avatar.

As a trained scientist, I would suggest an abundance of caution in putting your faith in "science". We know far far less than we think we know, and every few years in many of the major scientific disciplines, something comes along that causes us to completely re-think things.

Example - evolution (oh boy, HOT bed topic I know). There is a TON of evidence to support micro-evolution (i.e. the adaptation of a species to its surroundings through the mutation of select genes). There is SPARSE evidence to support macro-evolution (the sequence of steps required to move from one distinct species to another entirely). According to the theories present, there should be evidence in the fossil record showing the "steps in between". Our discovery of those steps is remarkably . . . absent.

I place my faith in the scientic-method, and the continual reassessment of evidence. That is a far cry from saying i place my faith in science.

The argument from ignorance (or argumentum ad ignorantiam and negative proof) is a logical fallacy that claims the truth of a premise is based on the fact that it has not been proven false, or that a premise is false because it has not been proven true. This is often phrased as "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Last edited:
Reactions: Galve2000
As I said in another thread, seceding from the union would be a mistake, but not because it would hurt California. America isn't dead. But California exiting the union would likely kill America, and that's just the kind of thing the Putin may be hoping for. Now is the time for California to stand tall for the ideals of America that have been threatened by the alt-right: one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. You are America's light of Earendil; a light in dark places when all other lights go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.